Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Using all 8 channels with R148DF

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using all 8 channels with R148DF

I got a plane that is set up with 6 servos and 3 gyros. The two elevator servos are combined on one channel so I figured I needed to get 5 (servo control) and 3 (gyro gain control) = 8 channel receiver. I got the R148DF but I only see 7 open ports and one that is marked 8/B. Is this receiver sufficient for my application? How do I hook up the battery and still use all 8 channels? Also, I think I read somewhere that the last channel on R149 is an on/off only channel. Does this also apply to channel 8 on R148? Can I still use this channel for gyro gain control if I wanted to control it by a two position switch and say that I wanted to assign 0 and 50% gain for the two switch positions.

I will be using this receiver with 9CAF radio.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Using all 8 channels with R148DF

You use a "Y" harness with the battery/switch lead on one side and the servo on the other. You can do that with any channel, really.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. That helps a lot.
So all 8 channels are fully adjustable (as opposed to on/off channel)? Is it also true for r149?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I would guess it depends more upon the TX than the RX. If the TX has a switch it's on/off, if it has a pot it's proportional. On some TX's it is assignable.

Oops, sorry BAX, forgot this wasn't open forum.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The transmitter determines whether a channel is on/off or fully-proportional, not the receiver.