Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ 2.4 file additions ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Fredo-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ 2.4 file additions ?

Just purchased a 14MZ 2.4, I know its possible to add music and pictures to the card but how do you do it. I have an adaptor from my video camera which fits the plug in the side of the case but vista asks for drivers for this to work. Is it possible to add files this way or should the card be taken out and fitted into another device for loading. Where do I get the correct driver for this card. Also is there any micro 2.4 recievers that work on 14Mz I know this is a lot of questions for 1 post but Im new to this radio and theres no information in the manual.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM
big_ipaq

Default RE: 14MZ 2.4 file additions ?

No, the plug on the side is a USB plug, exclusively at this time for factory use. You won't find drivers for it and you cannot use it. Take the card out and use a standard card reader with your computer. No drivers are needed.

R616FFM 6-Channel Micro Parkflyer Receiver is the smalles receiver you can get to work with 14MZ. At 6,3 grams, with the case included I guess is small enough for anything. However, be advised, it comes with Futaba micro servo plugs, not with normal servo plugs. You will need some adapters, which will spoil the weight you gain from the small receiver OR you can buy special servos from Futaba with micro plugs.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Fredo-RCU

Dear big ipaq thank you for your speedy reply.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 AM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Fredo-RCU,
You can cut and paste the .wav files from your PC directory onto the WAV file directory on the compact flash card,
however, you should make that you have first created the .wav file on your PC using the lowest quality/fidelity.
You do not have to do this, but if you don't the file size will be much bigger and the 14MZ response time will be
slower when using the large .wav files (uses more CF space also).
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You must put the files onto the CF card via the computer first. Then load the card into the transmitter to play them. There is no way to directly-load them into the transmitter. Page 29 and Page 56 in the instruction book detail how to use the files.

You must purchase a CF card reader for your PC. They just plug into the USB port. You need no special drivers to use them.

The Futaba micro receiver is the 6-channel R616FFM FASST receiver. It accepts these servos: S3111M, S3114M, S3157M.