Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C trainer setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:43 PM
jduran280

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C trainer setup

I am a beginner and I am fortunate enough to have a 9C. I have been flying twice with an instructor. He didn't have a buddy cord the first time, so we handed the radio off when things got squirrely or to land and take off. I purchased a Futaba 9C to Futaba DIN trainer cord before the second training session, and we couldn't make it work. We tried using a futaba 6 channel in PPM and PCM mode, and I tried all the settings in the 9C, we tried making the 6 channel radio the master and vice versa, but no luck. The radios powered each other up, but did not release control when the switch was activated. When I entered the trainer menu on the 9C, and activated the switch, the display changed from "off" to "on". We also tried all of the above steps with another radio (Hitec I think) I soloed that day anyway, but I would like to know what is wrong - for the next time I may need to use the trainer cord.

Thanks,

Jody
Old 06-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 9C trainer setup

Jody,

A complete explanation of the trainer system for the 9C can be found at:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-training.html