Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 7C-2.4 antenna installation in plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
schumacr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C-2.4 antenna installation in plane

I have recently purchased a Futaba 7C 2.4 GHz transmitter. I have installed the receiver and would like to know what other users (7C-2.4 GHz) are using to afix the antenna to the airplane using the recommended 90 degree setup. Do you use tape, if so what kind. If not, what is the preferred method the works best for overall reception and durability of the antenna staying in place. Thanks for your help.

RS
Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C-2.4 antenna installation in plane

People use small pieces of tape, small pieces of fuel tubing, some plastic pushrod tubing, and so on. As long as the antennas are held in place where they cannot move and cannot chafe, the method is OK.

The exact composition of the tape or tubing is not relevant as long as it's not an electrically-conducting material.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
fredmcl2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C-2.4 antenna installation in plane

I have a new 7c-2.4ghz Futaba radio and have an aggravating problem. I am mounting two Hi Tec 645s on the elevator of my gasser and I cannot figure out how to make channel 5 operate the second servo. The directions in the manual are poor and the response I received at the Futaba web site does not work. This was: rt servo to Channel 2 and left to 5. Activate Ailvator, set aileron 3 and 4 to 20%. Go to basic menu to parameter, 2nd page and set channel 5 to - (took me a long time to figure out that one of the settings is -), hit end two times.

I have done all of these things with two different receivers and get the same result. The transmitter immediately moves the channel 5 servo to the max position, and it will then not move. Channel 2 works fine for the right servo. The channel 5 servo will react when you change the parameter settings to other setting, A, B, etc. but nothing I can think of will make it move when I move the elevator stick. Please do not recommend a reversing y-harness or servo reverser. Your transmitter should work as advertised. Or, tell me what I missed.

Thanks.
Fred M, Maryland