Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Transmitter trim problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
gauravag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter trim problem

Hello,
I bought a Futaba 10CHG from Tower in May 2009. Since last week I seem to be having problems with the throttle trim tab.
The throttle trim works fine when moving the tab up. But when i decrease the trim, then it does not work all the times.
The trim switch itself feels alright, and though i hear the physical click sound, the trim does not move down. It does work intermittently 1 out of 10 times though.

The radio has been used with care and otherwise performs flawlessly.
Since I am outside USA, it would be hard to ship this out for service, so would be glad if you could help resolve this..

Thanks !
Gaurav
Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter trim problem

You need to have the trim switch replaced. The Futaba distributor nearest to you would be in Singapore.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 PM
gauravag

Thanks for the quick reply.
How long would they take to replace ? Since this is still under warranty, I am thinking of shipping this to the USA address, via UPS or FedEx, and have them return back to a US address, from where i can collect later ( when i travel to US in May ).
Would appreciate if you could give me an expected timeframe for this, so i can schedule accordingly.

Thanks.
Gaurav
Old 04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
gauravag

Also, Would i need to give my CC details/ fill up this form : http://www.hobbyservices.com/service-form-futaba.html ?
Since the Tx is still under warranty, and I can send a copy of the Tower invoice .. ?
Thanks !
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the unit is under warranty, and the trim switch has gone bad, there should be no service charges. We'd be happy to send it to any U.S. address you request. Just make sure you document that the unit is a U.S.-purchased unit being returned to the U.S. for repair services. That will avoid any kind of iimport taxes.

Our current turn-around time is about 3-5 business days.