Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba MZ14 Coversion to 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 AM
artistic-aero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba MZ14 Coversion to 2.4

I have an MZ14 and would like to convert to 2.4 as it seems the way to go.

I have a few questions

After spending so much money on this TX is there a 'factory' conversion that can be done to mount the 2.4 aerial in the correct place, rather than have this thing sticking out of the back of the module? I see there is another brand that does this with a short lead and a loss of 5 channels.... it just looks so UGLY with the Futaba after-market unit.

Second question, once I make the conversion will the software now reflect the switch? I believe there are a few extra menus required to run 2.4.

And the third question of my two, I presume the balance will go out on the neck strap attachment point. Are there any solutions to this?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Oh.... I also have a ZAP WCII, love it to death, can that be converted to 2.4?

Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
storklappe

Default RE: Futaba MZ14 Coversion to 2.4

Download the latest software. When you power up the transmitter with the 2.4 module installed, you will be impressed with how easy everything works.

I agree that it would be much better if the 2.4 antenna was mounted where the 72mHz antenna was. I put a chrome cap over the hole where the 72 MHz mounted (the cap looks like the tip of a 72mhz antenna). It looks a lot better with the hole covered.

Without the 72 MHz antenna the balance is poor. An easy solution is a balancer by SE Craft. Using the balancer the transmitter feels great with the 2.4 module. I've tried a couple balancers and I like the SE Craft the best. It mounts nearly flush with the transmitter (the others I have seen and used stick out a ways from the transmitter).
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
artistic-aero

Is anybody going to reply? Would be nice to know Futaba.

TIA
Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To convert your Futaba 14MZ transmitter, you just need to make sure you have the latest software update and add the TM-14 transmitter module. That takes care of it all. There is no alternative to the module.

The balance does change. If you must have the transmitter balanced on the ring, then there are after-market items that you can bolt on to help out. Futaba doesn't make any such item.

For your 9Z transmitter, you would install a TM-8 transmitter module.