Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Just looking for some input and or help..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 08:43 AM
mower
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just looking for some input and or help..

I just got 6EX 2.4 SS transmitter and R606FS rec. I was more than excited to finally have some futaba 2.4 gear for my models. So last weekend I headed to the feild to do some flyin at the club with my new 2.4 system installed bound and ready. Put plane on table powered down transmitter for range test and was more than happy then started the plane same thing range test was excellent. So to the sky I went flyin away, all day with big smile on my face. Come home check everything out all was well, next day went to feild again with same routine range checking and once again happy as heck so flyin again i was , however on 7th flight of the day my plane developed a mind of its own and decided to fly away into the trees, several old timers at the feild said you just got hit, I said how I'm on 2.4 they said not sure how but you got hit.. We picked up wreckage and plane was still bound to transmitter and still range tested fine. In total amazement I brought my wreckage home. Now I am scared about whole 2.4 thing, I was never hit on FM before , I called futaba and more or less got blown off. I have been using futaba gear for along while now and feel they make some of the best stuff on the market. I own 6ex 7 cap and 9 cap so it was a no brainer to get 2.4 6ex however now I'm in question..
DId I screw up or did I get a bad one or what any help would be great
thanks
I'm not baggin on Futaba I dig em just little bummed looking for help
Old 06-21-2010, 08:47 AM
mower

Default RE: Just looking for some input and or help..

I see know there maybe some sort of recalls on these??????
Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The recall was several years ago. A new system will not have the difficulties older ones had.

Your difficulty is not likely in the 2.4 Ghz FASST system. You did not mention if you charged your battery packs before the second day's flying. The battery packs should be charged EVERY TIME before you go out to fly. Also, was it an electric airplane? Did the battery pack start to get low and cause the receiver to act up? Sometimes the BEC in an electric models speed control will act up when the battery starts to get low and you're using all the controls.

If you desire, we can certainly examine the equipment to see what can be found.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 AM
mower

it was not electric and oh yes i charged batteries... everyday i fly,... pack still had 5.7 volts after crash