Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

g62 ignition

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 11:10 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default g62 ignition

finishing a yellow zero. installing a g62. do i need to upgrade the ignition to electronic or is what came with motor good enough?thx barry
Old 08-13-2003, 11:59 AM
BigBird1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g62 ignition

If you like hand starts...try the CH jump start...saves the weight of the spring starter
Or full boat...their conversion for the G62...slower idle, better midrange....hand starts are a breeze.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:10 PM
AJF--2
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default g62 ignition

Hi Barry-- A lot of guys in my club are into the big warbirds. The G62 with a spring starter seems to be the thing for them. Most of them are big and heavy and need the extra weight to balance. Personally, the best G62 I have ever seen run was one I had Ralph Cunningham convert to an ignition. CH is fine also-- but the RC Ing is the smoothest in my opinion. However if the rough idle does not bother you and you need the weight anyway, you may be better off not spending the money. It is a "perference thing"
Old 08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
transmission_dr
My Feedback: (1)

Default g62 ignition

Hi,

I run one with the stock ignition and a spring starter. To start put your thumb over the carb and flip 3 or 4 times until the carb is wet. Turn on the ignition and wind up the starter. Usually goes on the 1'st or 2'nd "flip".

HTH

Jerry
Old 08-13-2003, 07:14 PM
BigBirdFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default g62 ignition

I have a stock G-45 and a G-62 with electronic ignition. The G-62 runs smoother and starts easier. Mine has a mechanical advance and I would recommend electronic advance. I will probably change the G-45 over to electronic ign. with auto advance.