Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Mag on the Fuji 32A

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:10 PM
phase3f16
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag on the Fuji 32A

Can the Magneto on the front of a Fuji 32a be took off and converted to a 'standard' 32cc motor. That mag extends the shaft big time and makes the spinner not flush with the cowl of my 1/4th Taylorcraft.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Mag on the Fuji 32A

It can be converted...The shaft is what it is, the threaded end of the crank determines how far the prop will be from the engine..You want at least an inch longer than the crank, the prop bolt will hit the end.....You might want to get some of the heavier tin motor mounts from B&B Specialties, the stock ones are easily bent...
Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 AM
phase3f16
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, thanks. So I will also haft to get a Electric ignition also. I'm new to gas.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:32 PM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Phase3f16,

How much too long is your prop sticking out?

You can order a shorter prop adapter (Fuji calls them "Prop Flanges") that bolts to the front of the mag. I don't recall the stock length but the shorter one is 42.5mm long.

You could go with the custom Elec. Ign./prop adapter set-up but keep in mind that aA Taylor Craft nose is not all that long so you'll probably need the nose weight of the Mag. With EI you'll have to make that up with ign. batts and/or lead weight to get the CG right.

Mike