Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA-60 Tuning Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM
rcinspired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA-60 Tuning Issues

hello,
first i want to say i am a big fan of DA and like the service. However, the DA-60 in particicular, not sure if Da-60 line is new and we are just realizing issues, does seem to have tuning issues. Maybe the one i got is bad. i had professional people tune it, but low and behold after flying somewhat decent, the next time it decides to come back lean or rich. or we get it just right and it decides to run different later (gurgling lots, then not gurgling on other flights) it just behaves incosistent and seemes to have tuning issues. This has been going on for month and a half. my arm is hurting form tuning this thing. Again, i would say i am still a fan of DA but maybe their new line of 60 has tuning problems.
your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DA-60 Tuning Issues

Try a vent tube and see if that doesn't clear it up. In a round cowl plane by chance?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 AM
ghoffman
My Feedback: (3)

I have DA-60 s/n 0002 and it initially had some mid range burble, but the more I fly it, the better it gets. My cowling is pretty open and the fuse is vented on the bottom as well. T.O.M. is probably right, pressure in the cowling could be the issue.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

man i got 2-good 60 from DA bad to the bone![8D]