Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Please help, tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 PM
pbilt024
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, tuning question

I am running a Quadra 100 XL on a H9 Sukhoi. When running at 1/4 throttle and below, I get a terrible burble in the engine. I have tried leaning and richening it with no luck. Today though I noticed that if I go inverted, without touching the throttle, it runs perfect but when i roll it back over it starts popping and burbling again.Tthe carb is mounted on the side of the engine also if that matters

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Please help, tuning question

First spend some more time tuning the low needle to see if that doesn't help. The Quadra is not known for having this issue inless carb tuning is incomplete. If that doesn't work you may need ti install a diaphragm cover tube to prevent excessive pressurization of the diaphragm. Instead of a tube another method is to make a plate or wall that prevents incoming pressurized air from impacting the front of the diaphragm cover. Do not close off the hole in the cover.