Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 111- First Run-I'm impressed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 111- First Run-I'm impressed

Just got a loe hour DLE 111 and mounted it today just to see how it would perform. I have to say that I was blown away by how good the response was. Low idle and super power with the xoar 27x10 on the front. I may need to go to a 28" prop or maybe some more pitch on a 27". No questions this time, just making some noise about this engine.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DLE 111- First Run-I'm impressed

I found I had to go to a 28" Xoar on mine to take advantage of what the engine can do and to reduce prop ripping. There's not many 27" props out there the 111 won't overspeed.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I found I had to go to a 28'' Xoar on mine to take advantage of what the engine can do and to reduce prop ripping. There's not many 27'' props out there the 111 won't overspeed.
out of every prop brand ive tried Biela props load the most, next would be MSC(wood) i would love to try a Fuchs one day
Old 06-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 111 will still rip a 27" Fuchs, although the noise level of the Fuchs is much less that other props in the same size class. The Biela's and MSC's do indeed load an engine up pretty good. If you want to obtain as much toques as possible with little concern for peak RPM the Biela is a good way to go but it's easy to over prop. You can reasonably predict the difference a Biela will make from other props but the MSC is much more difficult to predict as diameters increase.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm just really starting to get curious if you're ever going to fly anything dave?

You've got threads scattered all over about different models, different electrical systems, servos and three threads on the first page right here in the gas engine forum where you ask about a DA-100 vs. a DLE-111, that you got a DA-100 and started it and now you've got a used DLE-111?

Are you actually buying all this stuff and really need help or are we just being trolled?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 PM
flyerdave

Wow Zeeb,
That was a real jab. I'm still trying to catch my breath after that one. Yes, I really have had all of these engines and planes and yes, I am relatively new at the giant scale gas planes and engines, so yes, I do ask for and appreciate the advice of others who have much more knowledge than me. I got into this hobby in 1981 with an MRC trainer and an Enya .15 with a Futaba 4NBL radio. I will never forget the help that was given to me when I didn't know the difference between an aileron and a rudder. There was no RC Universe (at least not that I know of) and the network of help and advice reached only as far as your local club members. Now there is a forum for people like me who are able to try a new engine or a new plane once in awhile, but have lots of questions because not many of their fellow club members are into giant scale or large gas engines.
Yes, I do have a DA100 and also a DLE 111 and one of these will be pulling my new Aeroworks Extra 300, I just appreciate being able to learn the good and bad about the different engines or airplanes or radios from others who are willing to help.
Yes, I do fly once in awhile, but I also go out in the back yard sometimes and fuel up the plane just so I can start it and hear the engine run(I'm sure the neighbors aren't always happy about that).
I am very blessed to be able to have several planes because I can remember when I had to save up just to buy a $9.95 gallon of glow fuel to fly one plane that I had and prayed that I didn't crash so I would be able to fly again the next Sunday.

If the questions that I ask and the advice that I seek out is considered "trolling" then maybe I should just limit my questions to my fellow club members.

I didn't realize my posts were causing grief for anyone.

I still consider this forum a great place to get information and I will continue to post questions and ask for advice.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:05 AM
TJC333

You are way out of line Zeeb. One of the great benefits of RCU is to help newcomers be successful. The more people that are successful in this hobby the better off the hobby is and all participants benefit from that.

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

I'm just really starting to get curious if you're ever going to fly anything dave?

You've got threads scattered all over about different models, different electrical systems, servos and three threads on the first page right here in the gas engine forum where you ask about a DA-100 vs. a DLE-111, that you got a DA-100 and started it and now you've got a used DLE-111?

Are you actually buying all this stuff and really need help or are we just being trolled?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Zeeb

ORIGINAL: flyerdave

If the questions that I ask and the advice that I seek out is considered ''trolling'' then maybe I should just limit my questions to my fellow club members.
I just asked a question since I've helped a lot of people either get started or more specifically move up to gassers and I've just never run across anyone who's had so many different directions rolled into the initial effort.

One piece of valuable advice I was given early on; "there's probably a thousand ways to do something in this hobby and everyone has their own ideas about what works best. At some point you just have to make a decision about what you want to do."

My suggestion is more or less the same as it was when you first started asking questions, pick a direction and follow it through. It'll cost you less money in the long run, you'll answer more of the questions about what you like, you won't suffer from the infomation overload and it won't cost you anywhere near as much.

Sorry if I offended you as that was not my intent.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Zeeb

ORIGINAL: tciranni

You are way out of line Zeeb. One of the great benefits of RCU is to help newcomers be successful. The more people that are successful in this hobby the better off the hobby is and all participants benefit from that.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I and if or when I start to see a more significant number of posts and useful information from you, I may pay more attention to your opinion but not right now.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 AM
flyerdave

Thanks Zeeb,
No offense taken, I guess I do get carried away sometimes.