Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

OS CM6

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS CM6

Referring my posts earlier regarding whether the CM6 marketted by OS for their GT55 is genuine NGK, I think its really this is the case. See the attached pictures, these were sent to me by Tower as CM6 for the GT55

Ameyam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ge94506.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1630885   Click image for larger version

Name:	rp43222.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1630886  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:16 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS CM6

What was your total cost with shipping in US dollars.

milton
Old 07-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget he's in India so the shipping cost is going to be higher.

So it appears either Tower or OS is selling the NGK CM-6 under a different advertised name to make it appear the OS engine requires a propriatary plug. How thoughtful. They don't even re-package the plug to temporarily hide the deceit.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:58 AM
ameyam

On this occassion, my shipping was zero. Actually, a friend was coming down from the US and I had it shipped to their address so he brought it down with him (two actually, think that should settle me for atleast a year, for my DLE20 and 30. How fast do these get unusable anyway?). The base price was a bit higher- $9.9. But a bit better than getting from some unknown chinese sites

Ameyam
Old 07-03-2011, 09:05 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Other than some unforeseen problem it should last years, I have engines with plugs over 5 years old.

The reason I asked about shipping cost was because we can ship international small flat rate box anywhere in the world for about $15.00.
was just wondering what Tower got for there international shipping.

Milton
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An NGK CM-6 will last most engines two years or more. At least one engine retailer includes genuine NGK CM-6 spark plugs with new DLE engine purchases, another will take them away from you if you have them service your engine.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: jedijody

another will take them away from you if you have them service your engine.

And then they sell a CM6 for one of there other engines. ?????

Milton
Old 07-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Tired Old Man

We know who that company is. It could appear there is either a total lack of product knowledge or an intent to maintain a low level of reliability. Erractic engines could make for higher replacement kit sales and non warranty repairs? Naw, that doesn't make any sense. I'll go with lack of product knowledge.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
wesaysoracing

tough crowd in here today
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Andika

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

What was your total cost with shipping in US dollars.
10 plugs for only $39 the last week here. http://vamodelbuilders.com/10-pack-o...cm6-pl106.html

Old 07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Tired Old Man

Ameyam,

I'm sure if you thought about it you couls send someone a PM with a request to ship a fistful to you. All you would need to do is reimburse their out of pocket expenses. International Postal Money Order would handle that after referencing exchange rates.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
C185Pilot
My Feedback: (25)

I just looked at va model builders site...$50.20 for 10 plugs including shipping. Can do way better than that.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: C185Pilot

I just looked at va model builders site...$50.20 for 10 plugs including shipping. Can do way better than that.
O'Rileys is under part #5812

Honda number is 98052-56471 [it's an NGK/CM-6 in a Honda box].

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Honda+98052-56471+NGK+CM-6
Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Tired Old Man

Plugs are quite easy to come by over here. It's only how much of a chore one wants to make it. If I needed one really bad, right now because I'm flying tomorrow, I'd just head down to the local auto parts store. Matter of fact, I'd probably do that regardless. Quick, easy, local, painless. If they didn't have one I'd head to a lawn and garden department of a hardware store nearby.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:24 PM
bcchi

An NGK CM-6 will last most engines two years or more. At least one engine retailer includes genuine NGK CM-6 spark plugs with new DLE engine purchases, another will take them away from you if you have them service your engine.

All of the DL engines that I have bought from that Jodi guy out in Washington comes with the NGKCM 6. Spark plug.He changes them at his own expense.I have been flying the RCEXL-Radium
spark plug and they seem to be fine.Run no better then a CM-6.The DL 20 pulls the snot out of the valley view profile,and I am kinda getting used to the looks of it.
BCCHI
Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 PM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: bcchi

An NGK CM-6 will last most engines two years or more. At least one engine retailer includes genuine NGK CM-6 spark plugs with new DLE engine purchases, another will take them away from you if you have them service your engine.

All of the DL engines that I have bought from that Jodi guy out in Washington comes with the NGKCM 6. Spark plug.He changes them at his own expense.I have been flying the RCEXL-Radium
spark plug and they seem to be fine.Run no better then a CM-6.The DL 20 pulls the snot out of the valley view profile,and I am kinda getting used to the looks of it.
BCCHI

Now Bill, You tellin us that the profile is startin "to grow on ya" in the looks department??You not looking at it through Beer Goggles are you??

Rick
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
ameyam

Dont worry, I have sent Jody a PM asking him to quote for an engine package. I need the engine anyway. Getting plugs for us in India is an issue. Yes, I could order through international post- that would get stuck in the Indian customs too amd I would have to shell out more than the duty to retrieve them. Therefore courier is better

No chance of me getting th engine serviced fro Tower, if I receive something damaged, I am stuck with it- the best I can do is request them to send me a replacement part. They usually do- I got two replacement wings for a Reactor Bipe but both had holes when I received them. I am not sure they will when the part is a lot more expensive. Other retailers may not be so willing all the time

Ameyam
Old 07-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Tired Old Man

We forget that some of the modeling community in other countries have what might be considered "special" handling fees with their postal systems. I didn't know Tower was doing like Horizon and sticking the overseas customer with whatever they received. At least they'll replace damaged parts.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:38 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: TheRickster

ORIGINAL: bcchi

BCCHI

Now Bill, You tellin us that the profile is startin ''to grow on ya'' in the looks department??You not looking at it through Beer Goggles are you??

Rick
No eyes are bad,it is really ugly but makes Jodi feel good.It is kinda fun if you fly it far away.LOL
BCCHI
Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, Bill you crack me up!