Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji-Imvac is history

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fuji-Imvac is history

This may not be news to some people, but when I went to look at the Fuji site for a new motor, this is what I found.
"As of May 31, 2011, all Fuji-Imvac engines are being discontinued. No more will be produced. Parts will remain available, however — for up to three years or while the supply lasts."
I guess I have been out of the gas market for too long. It's too bad, I liked the Fuji-imvac line of motors.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuji-Imvac is history

Yep, I heard about it about 6 months ago.
http://www.fuji-imvac.com/index.html

Milton
Old 07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When Tower picked up DLE, the writing was on the wall that Fuji was on their way out.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:15 PM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Milton
You have no idea how little I really care.
BCCHI
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Andika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very hard to find people with Fuji engines at the field.... the most common and reliable angines are the Zenoah ones.
Who sells FUJI engines in the world ? Tower and ?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:57 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Overpriced, overweight and underpowered. Good riddance, the free market has taken care of a mistake.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:23 AM
BadAzzMaxx

About the only people that bought one bought it because it is what Tower recommended for the planes they sold, So customer thinks that is the engine to get and did not know better.

Milton
Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

I have one in an Ikon Lockheed Vega which flies it well but overall it is 50 CCs of mediocrity. Give me a Taurus any time for a good 50 cc single and yes I know Taurus is also out of production but they are still worth picking up if one comes your way. Can't say that about the Fuji.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 AM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: bcchi

Milton
BCCHI

LOL..
Old 07-07-2011, 05:26 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Overpriced, overweight and underpowered. Good riddance, the free market has taken care of a mistake.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM
wesaysoracing

ok now ease up on my shop fan, bolted to the shop door they do a decent job circulating the air
Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcchi

Milton
BCCHI
Same here...mostly about Tower H. The place I bought since it opened. I placed all my Tower flyers and catalogues in many places too help there business over several years. I got some fare deals...nothing special. Lots of mis-comunication and what broke the camels back is when they would not replace a bad battery pack. They nor Futaba would replace it. So I quit dealing with them. Places like Valley View RC is where I deal now. Good service and that is what counts. If you do not have good service....you may be holding a boat anchor. Capt,n
Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how things work out Capt,n as I just had a run in with the wonderful folks at Horizon over guess what.....a battery replacement issue. A little four cell NiMH transmitter pack for a 6 month old DX8 and they wanted me to send the whole radio in so they could determine if it was under warranty. If it was not, I was informed shop labor would be charged at 30 bucks an hour. We're talking about a six month old radio (that's how long they've been out) that has the charger built into the radio. They honestly wanted me to spend 12 to 15 dollars to send the radio back so they could make sure I wasn't ripping them off on a pack that cost them at most 10 bucks. I spend more than a thousand dollars on Horizon products each year, most years much more than that, and they wanted to play that game.

The bean counters have no idea how much harm they do when they start with that kind of business agenda. Heck, after explaining the situation at our field and to my nephew who just happens to be flying a 100cc Extra from Horizon, the prospect of them getting any more of our business just went down considerably. It will probably cost them far more than the price of a battery pack.

Sorry for the rant but I saw your issue with the battery pack in your radio and thought it kinda fit. You're so right about the customer service being so very important.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Rocketman_

Troy Built Models, Inc. says "There is no warranty for Li Ion or Li Poly batteries" on their web site. Is this a newly developing trend?
By the way, I have never had a failure with their batteries.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Fuji-Imvac is history
nevermind
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
frenchie79

ORIGINAL: jeffEE

This may not be news to some people, but when I went to look at the Fuji site for a new motor, this is what I found.
"As of May 31, 2011, all Fuji-Imvac engines are being discontinued. No more will be produced. Parts will remain available, however — for up to three years or while the supply lasts."
I guess I have been out of the gas market for too long. It's too bad, I liked the Fuji-imvac line of motors.
I agree-hate to see another RC specific engine MFG go. I have one-32cc EI and it starts and runs like a dream. Not a 3-D engine but perfect for Warbirds. I like the rear exhaust-don't know anyone else that does this. A friend has the 34 version and same thing. Built strong so I know what I have will power planes well into the future. It's too bad!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: frenchie79
I agree-hate to see another RC specific engine MFG go. I have one-32cc EI and it starts and runs like a dream. Not a 3-D engine but perfect for Warbirds. I like the rear exhaust-don't know anyone else that does this. A friend has the 34 version and same thing. Built strong so I know what I have will power planes well into the future. It's too bad!
http://www.syssaaircraft.com/cart/pc...=1&idcategory=