Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CANT FIND PARTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Cromby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANT FIND PARTS!!

I have a zenoah G2D engine that lost its spark. and one of the crank bearings is on its way out. Ican not find ignition parts for this engine. theres a coil and a kill switch and a small black box (failsafe maybe?) I would like to just replace it all so i know its good. any help at all would be great!!!! thanks a bunch!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: CANT FIND PARTS!!

Try Dave'ss Discount Motors
Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bearings are not a problem, all bearings are stock items. You want a premium quality bearing. There are a number of companies that sell good bearings for most everything at a reasonable cost. Boca. RC Bearings are a couple that come to mind. I use an bearing supplier that Icame across on Ebay. They don't always have the bearing in the quality you want, but when they do, It at a better price that Boca or RC Bearings. Ijust rebuilt a Saito 150 and was surprised that the best price I could get on the Main bearing was from Horizon.

For the ignition. RcExcell supplies some very good ignition modules and has adapter kits forsome Zenoah engines.They are painless to install.Just pullthe old coil and flywheeloff and replace the parts with the parts supplied. There are a couple guys on the list who market that brand here in the US. For the life of me I can't pull up a name right now. If you google rexcell Ignitions you shoud findafew sources.

Don
Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Don , maybe you are thinking of Jim Willis at Agape RC for the ignitions? He's a good guy and will steer him in the right direction.
http://www.agaperacingandhobby.com/v....php?groupid=5

And I agree with you again Don on the bearings from Ebay- the guy's first name is Brant. Ive bought several sets of bearings from him and they are top notch as well as cheaper than RC Bearings and Boca.

John
Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Contact "Antique" here in the forum. He's our "resident" Zenoah expert, and a hell of a guy!

AV8TOR
Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

The G2D is the source for the G23 airplane engine....The ignition has a mag flywheel and a coil like a G38...
Dave's Discount Motors is the source....
Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Cromby

so basically get a G38 coil and I should be in business? that other box isnt like a CDI or something like that is it? You have all been a big help, I really appreciate it!!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

The G38 coil fits only the G38...
If you have the G2d GoPed engine the coil and flywheel are not the same as the G38...Best to call me at
9282205721, I have all the parts for the airplane engines, don't know about the GoPed versions, they're different because of the pull starter and cooling shroud...