DLA -56

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 AM
yak-54
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLA -56

Hi to all
i have this engine for about a year now i am very pleased with it no problems al all.

yesterday i removed the engine from my plane because i see some oil around the cylinder.

i have found out the most of the screws was not closed hard and i had to tighten them

also when flipping the prop i could hear some knoking from the conncting rod i think it is the needle berring

i removed the carb and couled see the connecting rod and cranckshaft it is looked very cleane inside, when moved the crank all the way up i heared thisknock and see a little free movement up there.

now is it critical for the engine to run like this i use 1:32 oil no 3D flaying?

second will DLE needle bearing will feet this engine?
and can i do it myself?

third do i need to replace the gasketes for this engine and will DLE 55 set will work

thank you

ilan

Old 03-11-2012, 04:57 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLA -56

DLE parts will fit the DLA.most engines will have a little click at the top of piston travel.when it becomes a knock and can hear it when running then you need to look at engine.
you won't be able to just replace the needle bearings.it comes as one piece, crankshaft,rod,and bearings.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DLA -56

If you have a way of checking the bearing clearance then consider 1.5 thousandths the maximum. More than that you should consider changing it. The bearing at the piston pin end is easy to change while the one at the crank end is more difficult. In some cases the retainer at the crank pin cannot be made to stay in once removed. The crank/rod assy for these engines does not cost much and is easily changed. Good luck getting it airworthy again.