Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Question timing change MVVS or Evolution 58cc

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Question timing change MVVS or Evolution 58cc

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
groran
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question timing change MVVS or Evolution 58cc

Hello, I needed to change my ignition on my MVVS 58cc. I have a large head and the new ignition has the small c6 plug head, so I got an insert from 14mm to 10mm to use smaller plug. My question is, the plug tip, due to the insert and plug change is 2mm shorter than the original plug and is 2mm farther from the piston top at TDC, so will this change my timing? The plug will fire at the same time as the other plug, but will be 2mm farther away. I read once somewhere that even using premium gas changes the timing some due to later or earlier flammability of the gas, I plan on using premium anyway because MVVS suggest at least octane of 95, I know USA prem, is mostly 92, but that will work. So do you think the plug is still close enough to fire correctly? I can put the insert more in, but will involve cutting the lip that stops the insert from going too far into the head and I will have to remove the head to install the insert at the proper distance as the old set up was. I will red locktite the insert in place so it stays at the same place. I would usually use JB weld, but in case I ever wanted to remove the insert, I would be able to. Another option would be if anyone know of someone that could professionally replace the 14mm plug cap on an ignition wire? Any help appreciated, thanks Randy
Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question timing change MVVS or Evolution 58cc

i don't see any problem with the plug not going in as far with the insert.and i can't see any difference in timing it would change.Valley View can help wih the plug cap change.you could do it your self it's not hard at all.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:52 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
I don't think there will be a problem.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem at all.
The central prop bolt is ideal for torqueing the insert in place.