Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ 90

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
coxco
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZDZ 90

Has anyone purchased a NEW ZDZ 90 and if so how do they run? Is there very much vibration and what prop are you using?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Nieuport nut
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ 90

I have one of the recent versions, the 90RV-J, but I bought it second hand from a guy who bought it last spring. I chose it in part because it had a reputation as a smooth running engine, in contrast to some reports on the DA85 (my other choice). I have it in a 42lb scale biplane running 6000rpm(IIRC) on a Xoar 28 X 10. I haven't done any prop experimentation because it has way more power than needed on the 28 X 10. Starting is simple - choke and flip until it pops, close choke and the next flip starts it. It's a great engine. You can read lots on RC Canada, http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/show...ghlight=ZDZ+90 . Incidentally, that is my engine I bought from Brad.The only thing that makes me a little nervous is the parts situation in North America.

Martin

PS Just read Brads thread again and it appears that I'm getting more RPM. Hmmmmm........ My tach may be off, we didn't stay long at full throttle! Also I am using a KS canister here: https://www.krumscheid-metallwaren.d...op.php?lang=EN As I said, bags of power.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM
kwik

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ 90

Martin, good to hear it is easy to start. I ordered the ZDZ 90RV-J today.

I have looked at a friend using the ZDZ 80 and was very impressed by the power from that engine.

The plan is to put a gear on mine, and put it into a Meister Platinum 109. I will put a video here when I have it in my test stand.