Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

down with ethanol

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: down with ethanol

[quote]ORIGINAL: DG40

The local "very small airport" sell 100 octane ethanol free gas and was thinking of using it.

When I was younger my "car" engine would knock badly if I used 87 octane so would have to adjust timing depending on the octane.

Would it be a good idea to adjust the timing on my dle30 if using the airplane fuel?
[/quote

Or just go to a marina and buy ethanol free puregas...airpot gas is kinda high priced. Capt,n
Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
mithoangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The station where I buy it sell,s a lot of it for small 2 & 4 cycle engines. 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Scota4570

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

Lohring,
Your post was misleading. You said modified Zenoah, without stating any details. Also lacking was the article you referred to., so you made it sound like Coleman fuel in general was AOK, which it is not.

Thanks for correcting that Coleman with octane boost is OK in some engines, mostly the ones that require regular 87PON only.

I tried Coleman with octane boost. It was a total bust. It detonates much worse than plain Coleman. I even tried running it in my lawn tractor. When I open the throttle it pings badly as the rpms increase. I have a gallon of junk.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Checklst

Not that I like Ethanol in my fuel I think its a waste of Tax dollars.......but I just did a simple tear down (both side plates)of my G26 carb after 3 years running 87 octane ethanol 32:1 lawnboy(just switch to Pennsoil air cooled....not that I needed to but my local auto had it so I bought it.

All gaskets looked brand New!!!!!!!!!! even carb screen needed no cleaning.....I never run my engine dry at end of season, and their is always gas left in the planes tank....I use in tank filters walbro white fiber filter(local Ace hardware has them hear in Atlanta) So my conclusion is it has not hurt my G26, leaf blower, or chain saw.......I DO start every new season with fresh gas and oil in my 1 1/2 gal can. Opps........ almost forgot my Tygon tubing in tank looked and felt a little stiff so i changed it external was left as is.

Hope this helps a little

Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
dinodigger II

Anyone have any experience with SE engines