Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engine support is great

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCGF Engine support is great

Hey Gang

Some weeks ago I complained here that I had bought a RCGF engine and the muffler didn't fit. Wellthey said send it back and it would be replaced. They did take care of the problem with flying colors. So thier support is good.

Bassard
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engine support is great

Could I ask who you were dealing with?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldbassard

Hey Gang

Some weeks ago I complained here that I had bought a RCGF engine and the muffler didn't fit. Wellthey said send it back and it would be replaced. They did take care of the problem with flying colors. So thier support is good.

Bassard
Is it me? I find it hard to give someone a paton the back for fixing their own mistake
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They could have ignored him just as well. IMHO Mistakes happen, it is when the one that makes the mistake makes it right in a timely manner is definately worth a pat on the back.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Well if that's what you willaccept, then great. I buy cheap stuff from Hobby King, when it arrives and doesn't work I must enter a claim, wait for a reply, ship it back on my dime and hope they accept the claim, then they issue a store credit. Is that good service? Hell no. They are only making right which should have right in the first place. I do so to save a few bucks.
I bet the OB had to call, send it back on his dime, and wait for replacement. To me good service would besenda photo of the problem, we will sent the replacement out over night no charge, you scrap the wrong part.
We buy cheap so that's what we get, I'm no different, but I can't compliment those for poor quality and service.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 AM
oldbassard

Texas sorry I ommitted the dealer, that was BP Hobbies.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad everything worked out all right. Engine runs ok?? My little 20cc runs well on the test stand, but I haven't got it mounted on a plane yet. I hope to have it ready to fly before spring.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

You don't get RCGF from Hobby King. You get RCG.
I agree you get great service from RCGF. And you get it from a distributor in the US.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
oldbassard

One thing I have done to my RCGF before flight is, I changed the carbureator. The site say the RCGF comes with a Walbro Carb, Not so, it's a not so well done copy. So I did buy a Walbro for it. Thanks to the gang here I was able to select the correct size. One thing I have also learned after I bought my Walbro new is, You can buy old weedeaters with the right Walbro and put a new carb kit in them.

When I bought my RCGF 26I was going to put it on a plane that was recommended to have a maximum size 120. I changed my mind and ordered an engine that's more size appropreate (I am just getting back into flying). I may have to buy another airplane soon to put it on, I have been thinking about that F-4u Corsair ARFby Troybuilt. I wonder if this RCGF is enough for it since the airplane is recommended for the 26 gas as a minimum.

Bassard