Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Any news on KOLM ENGINES??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any news on KOLM ENGINES??

Just wondering who has been following any recent developments.Been looking at the IL135 LE(long edition)with the 270 degree crankshaft.Very difficult to find a total price assuming you need to buy the engine mount from KOLM as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any news on KOLM ENGINES??

Part of the reason for posting the above is that information seems very 'patchy' on some of the more important aspects of fitting a large kolm engine to a single seat warbird.The videos are very good and everyone knows how scale the engines sound 135/200.If you look at the vids carefully you will see some very clever engine mounts in the mustang and spitfire.The spitfire appears to have a mont that supports the extended front engine housing behind the thrust washer.An earlier vid shows what is described as the 200 'throwing' a prop.In fact if you look carefully you will see a helper carrying the whole prop/spinner/front bearing section of the engine back after a mild crash,really good save by the pilot.

Since these engines are very desirable i think most people would feel a bit more comfortable if they knew what mount etc they need and a total rough figure before diving into this adventure?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
macboss
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in the 100cc boxter for a WW1 scale project. I
have exchanged emails with Dr. Vogelsang and sounds like he can get them.

There apparently are not many running in the USA.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone get a price yet. I'm curious about the 100 and 135. I texted Goetz today so if I hear anything I'll post it here. I got my Moki from Vogelsang and was happy with the service so I'm glad he's carrying these.