Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Newbie to gas, DLE 55 problem !

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

185, did you buy this engine new yourself and put it in this airframe or did it come in the 2nd hand airframe?

I would go back to basics and pull everything off, directly plug a new trusted 4.8v pack directly into the ignition and see if you have a problem still.
Then try and tune it as per the link in post 4.
If that fails do the static mod as in post 17 by Redbiscuits
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM
azalner
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 185skywagon
Thanks for your response 3136 !

I'm running the ngk cm6 plug...
Replace the spark plug anyway. Even with the NGKs they go bad, I've spent hours trying to find an answer to a problem and it turned out to be the plug.. I've gone through two plugs in one season. Changing plugs is quick and easy. What have you got to lose?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Mikecam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might of missed it but have you checked the timing? A high speed miss could be timing. Also if your using the stock needle settings then that could be the problem. You need to tune it for your area.
The older ignition will not last as long running anything over 6.0 volts. Only thing that hurst electronics is heat and the extra volts only make more heat and DO NOT give a better spark.