Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas Engine Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 05:56 AM
psgugrad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Engine Fuel Line

What's the best gas engine fuel line you have used? I want one that stays flexible over the LONG term. I have a Sig 4*40 and I'm considering that new OS GGT10 as a drop-in. If I switch, I know that I'll have to pull the tank and change the lines. The way I have it set up, pulling the tank is a bit of a pain in the ass and I don't want to have to pull the tank each flying season to change the lines. I have tried the K&S stayflex in my other planes and it does not stay flexible for very long. The Tygon doesn't seem much better. If anyone has experience with a different brand of fuel line that has worked well, any tips would be appreciated. Better yet, does anyone know of a soft, flexible GLOW fuel line that holds up to gasoline?

THANKS!!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viton is the most preferred gas line over Tygon as it stays much more flexible over time. There are a number of places to order it. McMaster Carr is one.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:06 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psgugrad
What's the best gas engine fuel line you have used? I want one that stays flexible over the LONG term. I have a Sig 4*40 and I'm considering that new OS GGT10 as a drop-in. If I switch, I know that I'll have to pull the tank and change the lines. The way I have it set up, pulling the tank is a bit of a pain in the ass and I don't want to have to pull the tank each flying season to change the lines. I have tried the K&S stayflex in my other planes and it does not stay flexible for very long. The Tygon doesn't seem much better. If anyone has experience with a different brand of fuel line that has worked well, any tips would be appreciated. Better yet, does anyone know of a soft, flexible GLOW fuel line that holds up to gasoline?

THANKS!!
I sell some of the best gas line. The gas line has proven to be just as flexible as glow fuel line and just as viable as Viton over more than 5 years and counting but at a fraction of the cost. Shoot me an email direct to my address.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:10 AM
Oldsalt1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sullivan Products 10' ProFlex Large Universal Fuel Line: 3/16" Tubing | Tower Hobbies a little on the pricey side, but worth it.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:35 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Be sure you change the stopper in the tank to a gas stopper also. You can buy just the stopper.

David