Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

weigh and size Dle 50 and DLe55

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Chucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weigh and size Dle 50 and DLe55

Can any one tell me the difference between the the to engines. Is the mounting holes the same?? The plane that I want to put the 55dle in is a old Gaint Arf Aero master. Every thing I read ,they are using a Dle 50. Need help if the 55 Dle well work in this plane.---Chuck
Old 08-14-2015, 07:14 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The only difference that is external is the thickness of the mounting lugs. All other difference are internal and are other improvements made over the life of the engine so far. The old lugs are about 1.5 millimeter smaller then the 55's lugs which are about 11 millimeters.

All the differences are considered improvements.

If you need an engine just buy a 55. If you own a 50 go ahead and use it. If you own a 55 go ahead and use it.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Chucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. If I use my 55,I well have to drill a hole in the fire wall to, I hope to get the engine back far enough to get the cowl on. Thanks Chuck