Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

B25-Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:17 PM
westwind1124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B25-Engines?

Ok, I have posted this a couple of times and haven't had any responses so I will tryi one last time. I am building the Wing MFG B25, I want use gas power for this critter but I am having a hard time settling on something. I would like a bit of input and ideas from some people that may have experience with this aircraft and/or engines. it says its to use 70-90 Four stroke glow so my first thought was one of the those 15GX gas engines from Evolution but I am not liking the lack of info or reviews on it. The few reviews I could find about half or better didn't seem real positive. So, I thought maybe DLE 20's since they are tried and true but wonder if those are TOO big for this aircraft. I am not convinced on the reliability of glow power on a twin however, I am open to suggestions.

Thoughts Please!!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:25 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

OS 90 FS = 650 grams needing 12 oz fuel (~300 grams + tank) for ten minutes full power.
vs
DLE 20 = 900 grams needing 8 oz fuel (~200 grams + tank) for ten minutes full power.

total weight difference only a few ounces but butt loads more power with the DLE 20cc.

I'm not a fan of the smaller engines that don't have caged roller bearing on the connecting rod ends.

Last edited by kmeyers; 09-08-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:02 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The OS 15cc gas engines ought to work fine. They have both a spark plug and a gasoline glow version.
But the DLE 20cc engine isn't bad either. It is way to go too.