Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

JC Engines 51cc or 61cc/dont know which...

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

JC Engines 51cc or 61cc/dont know which...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:53 AM
robster1
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy JC Engines 51cc or 61cc/dont know which...

I have an old school 51 or 61, thought it was a 61, could very well be a first Gen. 51, as looking at the engine, inverted, from the front of the plane, the carb is on the right and the exhaust is on the left. NO port out of the crankcase. Well, the dillemma is that the out put shaft bearing in the nose is loose just enough to cause prop waiver, 1/4 inch, under load above 3/8ths throttle. It is definitely loose as I can move the prop and there is deflection, i can see the shaft moving ever so slighlty at the 12 o clock and 6 o clock position. I need a bearing replacement done. I need desperate help in finding who can work on this engine for me as I do not have the tools to do the operation.I am sure I can find a bearing equivilent, but new gaskets are an issue also. You cant put an engine back together with old gaskets... it never works. This motor is a jewel to me and I do not want to get rid of it. It is one of the best idling engines that I own. I do have another engine block where the carb and exhaust ports are switched sides. And it has a port out of the crankcase in the back. Please send me info as to where I can have this work done. You can also send the info directley to my [email protected]. PLEASE HELP!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:14 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try here [email protected]. Dan
Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it has a cast crankcase it is a 50cc One of the first engines JC came out with.

Probably will never find parts for it.

Milton
Old 10-03-2015, 05:06 AM
robster1
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I find a bearing, can you do the work for me?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:06 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give Ralph Cunningham a call, He might even also have a bearing for it.

978 220 5721.

Milton