Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

every brand has it's problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 AM
cuwaert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default every brand has it's problems

It seems every engine brand has it's specific problems, that is concerning 1cilinder 50 cc engines.

ZDZ: hard to start when warm
DL: the one I got had it's big end bearing worn out after 18 months.
CCRCCPRO or somethng: don't wanna talk about this one
3W: is quite greasy at the carb's quarters
DA: never had one, those I know who do had them sent in for repair once or twice
MVVS: saw one with lots of axial crankshaft play
Turnigy: to many or not sure which fault I would mention

brands with (to me) no known faults are Zenoah and DLE

These are the brands I had myself or watch the owner's suffer of. Most of them are
good running engines but had there specific disadvantages.
A no complaint engine is one you use 3+ years without pulling it out, give it a new spark plug every year,good cooling and gas and don't have to wipe oil dripping out of the carb compartment. Until now I didn't have one, or should simple
random luck be required for it?
Old 11-27-2015, 09:39 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good poinst there cuwaert.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:22 PM
WRK
My Feedback: (2)

Yes there are different grades of engines, some better some not as good, but I would bet that many of the problems we read about are owner induced, I know some fliers that seem to have trouble no matter what brand of engine they are using, I know one fellow that can't seem to be able to run four strokes no matter what kind he tries. I have seen several people cook the rings out of engines by running them lean and they don't even know they are doing it. Some fliers don't even pay any attention at all to proper cooling which will kill an engine in no time.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

I have 5 BME (ECHO) engines. Four 50cc and one 44cc. Two are 17 and 15 years old. The other three are 8 years or less. All these engines are flown at least 8-10 times per year. The 44cc had a Bowman ring installed two years ago and two engines have had the cranks straightened. Other than an occasional carb kit here and there, these engines have been trouble free and still run very strong to this day. I'm sold on BME! Paul