Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 35 Carb question

Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM
goehrle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 35 Carb question

I have a DLE 35 with a DLE carb and is about two years old. I have had my issues
like others with carb problems on a DLE 30 but not the 35 until it stalled on a throttle up on a
"go around" causing a crash.

Are New DLE 35's being received with Walbro carbs???

My 30 was switched to a Walbro when worked on and have talked to Hobby Services wrt to the
35 and was informed it was a Walbro carb but with DLE marking.

Gary
Old 12-03-2015, 11:00 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Rumor was that Walbro built a manufacturing plant in China. The rumor went on that Walbro closed the plant and to their dissatisfaction all dies, drawings and engineering was not returned. Following this was the "Walbro Clones".
As far as I have heard the "Walbro Clones" are still what DLE uses.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

AFAIK, Walbro still maintains mfg. facilities in China and several other countries. Walbro clone or real Walbro .... many of the newer DLE engines now come with Walbro branded carbs. This includes the DLE 35. I have had only one problem with a DLE labeled carb and that was on my 85 and that was easily resolved.

This quote from the Walbro home page:

" Walbro is a global organization with manufacturing and engineering facilities in China, Japan, Mexico, Thailand and the United States, with Walbro corporate headquarters in Tucson, Arizona."

Last edited by Truckracer; 12-03-2015 at 11:11 AM.