Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

AH 100cc gas Engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 11:01 AM
teamatlantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AH 100cc gas Engine

Trying to find out who manufactured an A H 100cc gas twin cylinder airplane engine. The only markings on the square crank case is the letter "A" with a sketch of a motor followed by an "H". I am looking for tech info as well as a manual. If any one knows please respond. Thank you.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Giant Flyer
My Feedback: (6)

That was a company called air hobbies.
Long gone. Do a google search on them.

Giant Flyer
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 AM
teamatlantic

Thanks Will Do.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

If I recall correctly Air Hobbies engines started out here in North Carolina and after sometime was sold and moved out of state and later disappeared. They had some nice looking stuff, although the engines were heavy and underpowered compared to the competition .
Most of their engines used Sachs cylinders ,which was probably the best part of the engine with exception to the backplate muffler combo.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:23 AM
teamatlantic

CK1 Thank you for responding. The information that Giant Flyer and yourself provided was most helpful. I had purchased a Great Planes Extra 300 (used) from Steves Hanger in orlando Florida about 4 Years ago and never did anything with it. I just recently purchased a Bristol Scout WWI biplane from Walt Moucha and will be fitting the 6.4cu (104.cc) engine taken out of the Extra 300. The Engine after cleaning the Carburetor in my sonic cleaner fired right up with no hesitations. The engine will have more than enough power to fly this bird. Since this airplane will only be flown gracefully, I see no issues with engine failure and this is why I felt that it is a good choice for the Bristol. Again thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction with who manufactured this engine.
Take Care