Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Stick 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs

I have a Dle 20 and two extra plugs for it "NGK 5812 cm-6"

will they also work on my mintor 22 and the Zenoah 20 as good plugs to use? I don't mind getting more, and will if another will work better?

sticks
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stick 40
I have a Dle 20 and two extra plugs for it "NGK 5812 cm-6"

will they also work on my mintor 22 and the Zenoah 20 as good plugs to use? I don't mind getting more, and will if another will work better?

sticks
The CM-6 will work in your Mintor,If Z-20 has a Champion Y-82 The CM-6 will also work in this engine also.
BCCHI
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Stick 40

yes the z 20 has that plug Y82, and that is a good plug to use?

like many have stated , its best to use good equip. if there is a better one I would just as soon get it.

thanks

sticks
Old 03-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Nothing wrong with the original Zenoah plugs. Keep in mind, plugs can last for years if the engines are tuned right. They're not like glo plugs where they can go bad at any time.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Stick 40

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Nothing wrong with the original Zenoah plugs. Keep in mind, plugs can last for years if the engines are tuned right. They're not like glo plugs where they can go bad at any time.
I was thinking of the DLE plug NGK 5812 cm-6 when I asked, I was not clear on that. too many things going on between the ears.

anyway mintor has a NGK
japan cm-6

and as said the z 20 has the champion y82 in it. I take it you think the y82 would be a good general plug to have in the flight box.

keep in mind , I am new to gas and may go thru a few plugs "before I get smart" Lol

thanks

sticks
Old 03-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Regarding the DLE plugs, they have used copies of the NGK CM-6 and some have been less than desirable (I'm being kind here). Later DLE plugs look to be OK though I have not tried one. These are all copies of the genuine NGK CM-6. NGK and most outlets list the CM-6 under its stock number which is 5812 so if you ever buy these, most stores won't know what a CM-6 is but will instantly be able to find the 5812 number. By the way, these plugs were originally designed for the small Honda generators if the a store should ever ask you what you are using it in.

Unless you drop a plug or otherwise damage it, or you completely carbon it up by running the engine excessively rich, there isn't much to go wrong with a plug. You'd have to run one of our engines many, many hours before you'd actually wear one out.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Stick 40

so I am looking at having a extra NGK champion cm-6 in the field box.

that helps a lot and its great that they will work in all three. I will get the mentor going next, I think I have the DLE 20 straightened out.

it had a air leak into a fuel line, it would run great on the bench, but on take off it would start to act up and then quit. I got it running again and then tipped it up like we do with glow, and as soon as I tipped it up it started action up.

thanks again , one more thing taken care of.

sticks