Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution 10gx Carb cleaning.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Chefia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 10gx Carb cleaning.

Hello, guy.
I have a Evolution 10gx grounded for 3 years after lot flights. Now I go put my plane to flight again. But I need change the fuel lines and cleaning the carb. If I can't find the set of this car gaskets for sale anymore, and never open this carb. Anyone can tell me if I can open and cleaning the carb without need change the gaskets o-rings or others parts? Or can I use a spray carb cleaner?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:57 AM
deason
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Chefia
Hello, guy.
I have a Evolution 10gx grounded for 3 years after lot flights. Now I go put my plane to flight again. But I need change the fuel lines and cleaning the carb. If I can't find the set of this car gaskets for sale anymore, and never open this carb. Anyone can tell me if I can open and cleaning the carb without need change the gaskets o-rings or others parts? Or can I use a spray carb cleaner?

Thanks.
What kind of carb is it? If its been sitting that long you will need to rebuild. You can find just about any carb kit here - https://www.ereplacementparts.com/
Old 05-23-2019, 12:20 PM
Chefia

[QUOTE=deason;12526883]What kind of carb is it? If its been sitting that long you will need to rebuild. You can find just about any carb kit here -

Is that carb:
Horizonhobby.com/carb-assembly%3A-10gx-evog10801

They sell this rebuild kit but is not available.
horizonhobby.com/carb-gasket-set%3A-10gx-evog108a

For is not available I ask if someone open this carb an cleaning without need replace those parts.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:27 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Really not much going on inside that carb. I would make sure the spray bar is clean and leave the rest alone. There is a little green gasket under the gas inlet fitting that should be checked. They like to break down/decompose and start sucking air at that point. You can make a new one out of about anything that's gasoline proof. I used a gasket cut from a milk jug for my last one.

I don't think anything inside would need to be replaced if you did want to take it apart.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:12 PM
Chefia

I go open and see what's need change.