Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas tank HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Scotty78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas tank HELP.

Good morning everyone
I just have a question about gas tanks for gas motors, this will be my first gas motor if operated and I'm planning on getting an evolution 10cc, I'm wondering if I can use a nitro fuel tank and just change the fuel line???? Or does it have to be a special gas tank???
I have a ton of Nitro tank sitting around but due to the cost of running them I'm changing to gas, so I'm hoping I can use what I have as far as tanks.
Thanks ladys and gents
Old 04-20-2020, 02:02 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Yes and NO
Tank isn't special but the fuel line in the tank and the rubber/silicon stopper are both different and nitro will dissolve the stuff we use in nitro tanks.
The following users liked this post:
Scotty78 (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

If using the traditional Sullivan or DuBro tanks, both companies make gasoline specific stoppers. The DuBro one is easily identified as it is a dark red color. Sullivan makes a universal stopper that will work with both gas and glo fuels but I can't tell you how to identify them ..... I believe they are dark in color where the normal glo stopper is white.

You'll also want to use something like the DuBro fuel line barbs that solder on the brass tubing to secure the line better than just sliding it on the straight brass tubing like is normal for glo fuel. With gasoline, the line will just slip right off unless well secured with a barb and a line clip or small zip tie behind the barb.

Nothing hard about the gas switch, just a bit different.
Scotty78 (04-21-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 07:21 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

The normal semi-clear yellow tubing sold for gas engines is cheap, but will harden over time. Count on having to replace it about once a year. It isn't all that flexible for use inside a tank, either. I've started using Sullivan's "ProFlex" tubing for gas engines, and now have 3 yrs on it. Still as good as the day I put it in. It is pretty pricey, though. S211 ? ProFlex Universal Tubing for 1/8? fittings 2? ? Sullivan
Scotty78 (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 03:02 AM
Scotty78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks gents.