Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

TOC 53 engine help (carb)

Old 05-28-2022, 07:35 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOC 53 engine help (carb)

I have a wildhare edge 540 airframe with a TOC 53 engine that was purchased from Wildhare RC many years ago. The engine has always performed flawlessly but after a relocation, the plane has sat idle for 5 years. Now I can't get it to fire or even pull fuel. So after changing all plumbing and fuel tank, I now need to rebuild the carb. It is a Walbro WT 414A carb and I'm having trouble finding the proper rebuild kit. Anyone that can tell me what rebuild kit is the proper one for this carb would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-28-2022, 08:52 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

There are only two Walbro kits to service all the WT series carbs. These are K10-WAT and K20-WAT. The K20 services most of the later Walbro carbs. I always recommend buying genuine Walbro kits though Oregon and Stens brands seem ok.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:13 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truckracer, thank you for sharing your knowledge on this. I am heading over to the local True Value here in town, he carries more parts for small engines than any place in the area. I just hope I am able do the rebuild properly. I can tell you this, not storing these small engines properly and not running them for really long periods of time will cost you. I can tell you from experiemce.