Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Tartan Twin 77 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 06:29 PM
TVA0214
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tartan Twin 77 questions

I am posting this for a friend that has just acquired a Tartan 77 gas twin and have a few questions about the engine.

First this engine appears to be almost in new condition but is missing the ignition module so before he purchases a new ignition system were these motors any good any if he were to buy a new module where can you get one C&H?????.

Also any specs and prop sizes would be helpful

Thanks in advance
Tom
Old 05-21-2002, 10:12 PM
BillJ
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tartan Twin 77 questions

Well, I've owned but never tried the Gas version of the Tartan twin...But the word was the power was.........not there..litterally...

However if your guy can buy this engine pretty resonable ...You can send it to Bob Ousley or Jim Cline and have it set up for alcohol.......Costs alittle more than gasoline ($2.00 a gallon) mix
in about 5-6 ozs of klotz oil........But once these guys get ahold of one......It will sing Mine spins a 19/10 Menz about 8700 -9000..on no nitro....

These engines ...way back when..were THE engine at the TOC
and those two guys (and some others) did the tuning....

They can also light a fire on other engines..and still pretty user friendly...Anyone who flies one will tell you stock GAS or Alcohol
is good for a paper weight.

I've seen some Carden 30% extras pulled out of sight with GREAT authority with that little engine