Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

why was my post deleted?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 05:20 PM
ZondaC12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why was my post deleted?

why was my tecumseh tc300 engine post deleted? that took me a LONG time to write and i dont see it and i cant find it in the search feature so im guessing it was deleted. why? i know (and mentioned) it wasnt totally rc related but are u guys that mean that you cant help me with something like that? could u at least have sent me a PM telling me why it was removed?
Old 06-17-2004, 05:38 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: why was my post deleted?

Paul:

From your post:

...this isnt exactly rc related... i have an electric scooter im planning to put this on...
You answered your own question in your post.

Incidentally, I don't know who deleted it.

Bill.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:40 PM
ZondaC12

well thanks alot you know i really thought this was a nice helpful place but if you guys are gonna be like that ill find somewhere else where people are a little more flexible. though is the part you quoted the problem? are u saying if that wasnt there you wouldnt have cared? if so i thinks thats a silly technicality. i mean seriously, i was asking about the clutch fitting anyway, isnt that related enough? is that post permanently deleted or is there a folder on this forum's server that stores "deleted" threads, so you could look at it and maybe out of the kindness of your heart ask someone here via PM or something, who would be able to answer my question, and PM me about it? again i really dont think im asking much and im not trying to start a flame war/whatever here i just think i deserve a little more consideration and respect than im getting right now.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:36 PM
William Robison

Paul:

I spoke with the moderator who took your post down.

Yes, it was because it was not to do with R/C, and yes, had you not mentioned the scooter it might have been left alone. And yes again, we can look at deleted posts. Further, the moderator who took it down said you were notified. Perhaps the notification is still sitting in your "Inbox."

To answer one of the questions from your post, that round flexible prop drive cable has a square section on the end where it goes into the clutch or drive adapter.

For the rest of it I think you'd get better help by going to your local garden equipment repair shop. You might even find someone who would like to work with you in converting your scooter.

Bill.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:13 PM
coreymotel

Well, frankly, I had read the post and had one of my brain dead, mindless, robobtic, unable to think for themselves, cronies here at RCU delete it, cuz, as we all know, there's no topics that should be discussed here that may deviate from our narrow minded interests....

I completely agree with my staff on this one....

Thanks, signed the "Grand Dragon" at RCU.

P.S. You're all invited to our book burning ceromony next week, but you'll have to shave your heads, okay?

Tooddles.........
Old 06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
ZondaC12

hmm...nope nothin in my inbox. checked it/refreshed page several times...nothing. oh well. thanks for the advice. again i dont want to stir up problems nor do i have anything against any of you. just the way it seemed at first got me kind of angry and the fact that i couldnt find any notification...i just remembered this place had a section on gas engines and figured it would be ok. but whatever, case closed, lets all be friends again LOL, ill see if the repair shop i got it from maybe even has part of a weedwacker that would hook up to this and i can cut part of the shaft off or something. you guys can get rid of this thread too.

and id just like to mention if i had the $$ this engine would be in a boat. id love a boat. ive only got a traxxas sportmaxx now, my friend has a house on schroon lake, ill get up there alot this summer, id love an rc boat, esp 2stroke gas. but so much friggin $$$!!![:@] hehe
Old 06-17-2004, 09:59 PM
William Robison

Paul:

You are more than welcome to come here whether you have your rc boat or not, to read, browse, and ask questions.

You don't have to buy all the high dollar items for your boat, you already have an engine that many have used. You can buy a good two channel surface band radio for $60 new, but you will need a stronger servo for the rudder. Prop drive and the prop can take a few bucks, but not many. Look into it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm sorry your notification didn't make it to you, you have our apologies, and we are glad to have you. Please feel welcome.

Bill.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:15 PM
ZondaC12

well i might look into that sometime. thx for the info! thanks for reminding me, that was the other thing i wanted to ask--i think i tried using search and i couldnt find anyone here that used this engine in a boat. i was just curious to see the setup. do you know anyone here who has, or a site with someone who did that posted pics, etc.?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:04 PM
William Robison

Paul:

It's often referred to as a "Homie," so use that name as well as Homelite in your search.

Several "Ready-to-Run" boats have the Homelite engine also, usually selling for $800 and up. One example is the Prather "Fun Cruiser RTR 46" which lists for a measly $1099.95 in their catalogue. And it probably uses the engine exactly as you have it, so you're that far ahead.

Bill.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:16 AM
ZondaC12

ok cool. thanks again!