"OK, so I just called Bell Ray"

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default "OK, so I just called Bell Ray"

so I called Bell Ray and I asked about their H1R and MC1,,,

H1R),,, the H1R has an octane booster in it, he recommend that we mix it at a ratio of 32:1 because they are small air cooled motors, I was told that the H1R is a much cleaner burning oil than the MC1,,,

MC1),,, I was told if we wanted to run at 50:1 we should use MC1,,,

an over view,,, he said to mix H1R at 32:1 until we could find how well are RC plane motors wear, but I was told that he sees no reason to mix it at 50:1, because with what little power increase he get he would rather see our motors live longer lives, our motors will run cooler at 32:1, leaning the fuel/oil ratio will give a little better performance but the motor will not last as long (of course), he said MC1 is a clean burning oil, just not as clean as H1R, and MC1 does NOT have the octane booster,,,

my thinking,,, these guys are out there beating their dirt bike motors to death, constantly up and down the RPM band to 1100/1200 RPM with a fuel/oil ratio of 50:1, we don't put our plane motors through that kind of punishment,,,

so I think I will use this quart of H1R at 32:1 until it's all gone, then buy some MC1 and go to 40:1 for 2 gallons then go to 50:1.

Jim
Old 08-23-2004, 08:02 PM
JBrannon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OK, so I just called Bell Ray"

I have a couple of quarts of MC1. It does run clean but the little bit of goo that deos come out the exhaust pipe is really hard to get off the plane.

Joe
Old 08-24-2004, 02:20 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

is your motor still new, my friends BME spit goo for 6 gallons, it doesn't now, he uses Pennzoil synthetic for air cooled motors

Jim
Old 08-24-2004, 04:31 AM
jbflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used the Bel-Ray MC-1 for 3 years at 50:1 with no problems. I get it at my local Harley dealer @ $4.95/12.8 oz.................