Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

A&M 2.1 Engine what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:19 PM
PHD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&M 2.1 Engine what is it?

Hi, every one the good ,the bad, and the ugly I have an engine I know its a A&M AIRCRAFT engine and it is the small one 2.1 I think . The question is did A&M make a larger engine in the 2.0 series? Mine have the machined case one piece not blasted and the cylinder reads (R021 131 011 ), a4 with a S above it ,and were can I get a ring for it Brison or the Sachs dealer ? Thanks PHD
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: A&M 2.1 Engine what is it?

The 2.0 Sachs is made from a Sachs Dolmar model 100 and 100 super chainsaw...I don't think Brison makes one that small, try a Sachs (now Makita) dealer or better yet, get a ring from Frank Bowman, just as good and way cheaper..
Old 02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
PHD

So now I am thinking that A&M made only the 2.1 and none larger in this class then it goes up to 3.0 class . Now 2.1 is what cc and what size prop should I start out with 18x6-10 ? and what RPM ! How can I get ahold of Frank Bowman ? Thanks for the replies . I have one other thing that I am playing with and I know what you guys is going to say why . I got a new in box Hornner twin that I want to make a intake or have one made and what carb should I use . I am in need of some one that like to make a intake for me and what will it cost. I am putting C&H on it with advance timing . I dont know what cc it is I would like to know that . I am gessing up wards around 50cc or bigger ? Its a little heavy but a good looking engine . I do like the two ring set up .
Old 02-03-2005, 07:33 PM
dannafinance
My Feedback: (32)

I had some work done on a A&M 2.1 and Brison did it. Brison converted to a 2.4 with a new cylinderl, piston and a little work with a dremel. When finished it was a 2.4. A&M is one of the engines that Brison will work on. Contact Gray at Brison.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM
PHD

Hi, I am in need of a carb for the 2..1 . What is the cab # so I can figure out which carb that I have goes to what . I have 3 carbs that on engines that have different #. Please help.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

If one is a WT76A it will work fine...
Old 02-07-2005, 10:52 AM
PHD

I don't have that carb # wt76 or the spacer block . I guess I need one does any body have one or can I pull one off a chainsaw that have that # ? If so what chain saw ? Help . I just bought a C&H for it . It is the silver painted box . Are these ok . I was told that the older brown box had problems with coil . I had one and C&H will replace them at a cost of $ . I didn't think thats right if they were defective any way and lost of spark ended up crashing the plane or hurting some one . not vary resonpable . what do you think. PHD