G-26 Throttle Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
snyder_man
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-26 Throttle Arm?

Folks,

I seem to be stumped by the G-26 throttle arm. I took off the old throttle arm and spring just like the instructions say. I have the new one ready to go on but the shaft seems to be too short. The throttle arm goes on top right? I guess I can make an extension out of tubing or something. Another concern is the old throttle stop screw arm will be in way as well. I can take off the plate and arm for installation but when I put it back on I will have clearance problems. If I put the throttle arm on the bottom I have a clearance problem with the choke shaft!

Anyone have a picture of their installation?

snyder_man
Old 03-08-2005, 10:18 PM
padoni
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: G-26 Throttle Arm?

I have a similar problem with a G-38.
don't know what to do except to pefab an arm with the proper angle. Anyone else have this kind of problem? If so ,what is the salution?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

I don't know if you can see this but, I have the throttle above the choke on an extension. It came this way from rcignitions with my conversion. The idle stop screw has been removed. The choke is operated by a nose wheel steering arm. I just reach thru the cowl to open and close.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93649.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	240816  
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

rocket city racing makes a throttle arm for the walboro carbs. it has advantage that you dont have to file a flat on the throttle shaft. however it still needs to be ground down a little. remove idle stop screw. not needed http://www.rocketcityracing.com/pilo...cific=jqgqpmg4
Old 03-09-2005, 10:24 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a shot of how I did mine, after not being able to figure how the supplied arm was going to be suited for a throttle arm (it fits fine on the choke however)...

I took a wheel collar and soldered a piece of sheet brass to it, and it fits nicely on the bottom (top when the engine is inverted) of the throttle.

Hope that helps a little...

AJC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47613.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	241429