Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

fpe 2.4 plug gap learned something new today

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

fpe 2.4 plug gap learned something new today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 12:30 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fpe 2.4 plug gap learned something new today

This might sound strange i have been running gas motors for 12 years i put a new plug in the fpe 2.4 today and didnt bother checking the gap it looked ok compared to the other plug as far as gap when flying the plane it keep dying on idle never before has it did this it would then not start proper crank and cranked finally it would start l got home and got to thinking about the plug gap checked it out and found it was gapped at allmost 24 thousands should be 22 according to manufacture. i put in old plug gapped proper and motor wouldnt die on idle and started easily after 2 or 3rd flip put new plug again without changing gap and it died again took it out and put gap at 22 and it runs fine now Has anyone ever heard of only 2 thousands diffenence in gap making that much difference i havent ??? any comments appreciated
Old 09-23-2002, 08:24 AM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ????????????

i would carry the plug back i think that you will find it is the plug and not the gap,

dennis1943