Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

PRECISION EAGLE 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
BSR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRECISION EAGLE 4.2

LOOKING TO BUY THIS MOTOR CANT FIND ANY HISTORY ABOUT CO. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE COMPANY OR WHO MAKES IT . HERD THAT IT IS A POWERFULL MOTOR. THANKS
Old 04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRECISION EAGLE 4.2

The Precision Eagle was/is one of the best of all the chainsaw conversions..It uses the Sachs model 120 chainsaw cylinder, piston, and crankshaft in a very nice, but heavy, machined case..No longer made..Any part that would break is still available...The carb is a Walbro, still made...There were glow and ignition versions..The ignition used was C&H...No more powerful than any other 4.2 made by Brison or Fox or FPE etc....Some of the Precision Eagles were gold anodized and had more expensive bearings and porting for higher rpm...They also made an few inline twins and an inline three....The threes had a problem staying together..One of my customers bought out all the parts for the inline threes and flys one in a giant warbird...They sound is like nothing else, 3 power impulses for every revolution of the crank..6000 rpm sounds like 18,000
Old 05-25-2020, 04:54 PM
RCAdam03

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Antique
The Precision Eagle was/is one of the best of all the chainsaw conversions..It uses the Sachs model 120 chainsaw cylinder, piston, and crankshaft in a very nice, but heavy, machined case..No longer made..Any part that would break is still available...The carb is a Walbro, still made...There were glow and ignition versions..The ignition used was C&H...No more powerful than any other 4.2 made by Brison or Fox or FPE etc....Some of the Precision Eagles were gold anodized and had more expensive bearings and porting for higher rpm...They also made an few inline twins and an inline three....The threes had a problem staying together..One of my customers bought out all the parts for the inline threes and flys one in a giant warbird...They sound is like nothing else, 3 power impulses for every revolution of the crank..6000 rpm sounds like 18,000
Yea, Drake Edwards bought all that. Currently I own all that remaining 3 cylinder stuff, hope to assemble another twin or MAYBE a three cylinder