Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

aileron glitches with my gasser

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
ggc1962
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aileron glitches with my gasser

I have a Q50 on my quarter scale sig extra and I took it up for the first time this past week end and noticed two hard glitches in the ailerons. didnt have glitches anywhere else, only the ailerons. Could the problem be that the on/off switch needs to be in front of the firewall. I have a resistor plug in it. I did notice when I took the wing off, my y harness connections to my aileron servos were about 4 to 5 inches away from my engine on/off switch. Anyone that help me out with this or offer their recommendations would really help out alot. anyplace where I could look this type of stuff up? This is my first gasser and sure dont want to bring it home in more than one piece.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: aileron glitches with my gasser

First check all the plugs and connections from the receiver to the ailerons. Look for any amount of corrosion or loose pins. Use some electrical cleaner and a brush or "Q-Tip" to be certain they are clean. Next wiggle the wires with the system operational and the Wye harness to check for a possible broken wire. I don't think the switch location will have anything to do with the problem.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyplace where I could look this type of stuff up?
I have seen several complete write up’s of the many things that can cause glitches with gas engines. However I have been looking for the information for a member of our club without success. Please post the web site when you find it.

Bill
Old 09-07-2005, 08:28 PM
JBrannon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ggc1962

I have a Q50 on my quarter scale sig extra and I took it up for the first time this past week end and noticed two hard glitches in the ailerons. didnt have glitches anywhere else, only the ailerons. Could the problem be that the on/off switch needs to be in front of the firewall. I have a resistor plug in it. I did notice when I took the wing off, my y harness connections to my aileron servos were about 4 to 5 inches away from my engine on/off switch. Anyone that help me out with this or offer their recommendations would really help out alot. anyplace where I could look this type of stuff up? This is my first gasser and sure dont want to bring it home in more than one piece.

That is a problem with the aileron leads, they usually come out of the wing near the front. You can try twisting the leads and try and get some more separation between the aileron leads and the ignition switch, battery and module if possible.