Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji 32b lean or rich?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
abwrakan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji 32b lean or rich?

I just started fuji 32b two days ago first time started just nice and easy, hand start.

We all know how to adjust the glow hi speed rich ( much smoke weak engine) , lean hi rpm hi temp. but how to do it in gas?

thanks, best regards

Saleh
Old 09-07-2005, 04:34 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuji 32b lean or rich?

adjust for max rpm, then back off to the point where the engine just starts to loose rpm, but does not actually do so. Subsequent adjustments should be done after judging the spark plug color, which should be a desert sand tan.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:00 AM
abwrakan

Thanks,

you mean that I should do it as in glow?, but after some time of break-in the engine!!!!

Sorry for not understanding....

Saleh
Old 09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

No!
Adjusting a gas engine like a glow engine will cause you to run rich.
Adjust the engine so that it gets the max RPM then richen only about 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn. This prevents the plane from leaning out when going straight vertical.

You then need to adjust the low end so that it is as lean as possible but does not hesitate through the midrange. WHen this is adjusted, then go back and adjust the high end.

One of the big differences between gas and glow is that on glow, the low end does not effect the high end. In gas the low end does effect the high end.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
flyguy56

Saleh,

I just purchased a Fuji BT32 B for my first giant scale project. Are you happy with it so far? I've read quite a few threads on RC Universe after purchasing my engine, and am now paranoid that I should have purchased a Zenoah instead. Did you get yours tuned OK? Thanks for any feeback you may have. Flyguy56