Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G38 + Hangar 9 Cessna Skylane

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Yuruki Karasawa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G38 + Hangar 9 Cessna Skylane

I am really thinking about getting the H9 Cessna and a G 38 and i was wondering if it was a good mix, and if so, those who did this could you please respond on how well it may or may not work. Plus i would like to know about if the stock muffler that comes with the G38 will work with the cowl or will i have to use another muffler from another company.

-Thanks, Yuruki
Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: G38 + Hangar 9 Cessna Skylane

My fling partner has this combo. More poer than needed, but flys well. Balance was right on with no added weight. He is using a Bennett diverter, uh.....muffler. Dont know if the stock muffler will work. He had to notch the mount box a little for muffler clearance.
It will loop from level flight .
Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G38 + Hangar 9 Cessna Skylane

The G38 is a rear exhaust engine, so if it gets too close to the firewall it could catch fire..We had a Q35 get very close, the firewall was charred and almost ready to burn..
The stock muffler works well if the slots are brazed shut and 2 tubes brazed in to direct the exhaust straight down...[8D]