Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

U.S. Engine Order Trouble?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. Engine Order Trouble?

I ordered a U.S. 41 from USQ Aero's web site Sunday evening. I'm in a bit of a time crunch, and getting a bit frustrated that the status of the order is still "Credit Card Pending". No reponse to my Email, or message left at phone number given. For that matter, the number isn't even identified as a business (got it off their website).

I've heard good things about these engines, but HobbyTown USA is only a 30 min. drive, and they have G38s in stock (for more of course), but not that much more with the shipping I'd pay for the 41.

Any one else having problems with them?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:54 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: U.S. Engine Order Trouble?

I had the same probems trying to get info on one of thier engines. I would strongly recommend that you get the G38.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 AM
brad59
My Feedback: (32)

Have you heard of B&B specialties? They also sell U.S. engines and last month had their enhanced version of the U.S. 41 on sale for $249 I believe. And they are much easier to get ahold of.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Lucky Dog

Brad,
Thanks for the referral to B&B. I have done business with them before and they were "responsive" and pleasant to deal with. Plus, for less than the price of the smoke muffler I bought (from B&B) for my Ryobi conversion (which is proving troublesome and the cause of all this), I can order it all set up for smoke. Should've tried there first.

I'll give USQ Aero until this morning to respond, then call B&B.

Thanks again!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
eugene

Go with B&B... Very good business, and He KNOWS gas engines...I have the B&B US41 on a TF P-51 Giant scale.. very smooth and dependable, with a tick over idle ...understand, this is not a $600.00 alphabet engine, but a solid performer...I couldn't see putting a $600 engine, on a $300 dollar ARF..
Old 09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Lucky Dog

Thanks Eugene, I tried B&B, but he doesn't have any US41s available either, and mentioned that he too had be unable to contact them. Guess I'll have to go the G38 route for sure now. There goes Xmas and my birthday next year.

I do have a line on a 15 year old (still in the box and never run) G38 for a decent price. Supppose it would be about as good as new one today?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, a older style G-38 just showed up in the RCU Marketplace: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=129475
Old 09-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Lucky Dog

Terry,
Thanks! However, just bit the bullet and ordered a new G38 from B&B. If that won't run right, then it's just not meant to be I guess. Now I'd better liquidate some stuff to keep peace and harmony at home (and in the check book).
Old 09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Only changes to the G38 in about 20 years are the carb with a choke and an aluminum hub..
Old 09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Lucky Dog

Update-
Never heard a peep from USQ Aero. I did get a confirmation that the Email Tues. was read Wed. AM, but no reply. No "read receipt" from "cancel my order" Email sent Wed. afternoon. No response to any of the phone calls either. However, my order status is still un-changed, and I hope I don't end up with an un-wanted US 41 on my back deck. Don't need that hassle

I ordered a new G38 from B&B 4 pm Wed. (I don't recommend this as I'm sure he went out of his way to ship it out that night to me), and had it in my hands this morning. I am extreamly impressed with Dick Bennet and his company. B&B ROCKS!!

I hope what ever problems USQ is experiencing they get through. I''ll give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps there is a very good reason why what happened happened. However, a world of good (for their reputation) would have been served if a simple reply to an Email or phone call would have been made.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
51-D GUY
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Lucky Dog, 51-D GUY Here, yes i had a problem with Quadra aerrow , Ithink this guy is operating out of a spare bedroom or garage or somthing, I once orderd an ingition coil for a Q-42 and got nothing but the runaround & lies for the first 2 weeks , iI too used a credit card as pymt. I finally had to get ugly with the person, " which is a shame " To have to do buisness with someone like that !!! I finally got "A" coil which was the wrong one "naturaly", It also looked as if it had been kicked around on the floor . Ha Ha Ha, So i just called up the people at B & B Spicalites told them what i had & what i needed and recieved it within that week . "VERY GOOD PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH" Hope this helps ...
Old 10-01-2005, 08:03 PM
nasa_steve

hi guy's
does anyone have an e-mail address for B&B i can't find one on their website
thanks
nasa
Old 10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Here's B&B's web site. Good folks to do business with.
WWW.bennettbuilt.com
Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Lucky Dog

Nasa Steve,
I don't think Dick (Bennett) uses Email for his business communication. The only negative thing I can say about B&B.