Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G38 Kill Switch Help

Old 09-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G38 Kill Switch Help

Just bought a new G38 and I'm unsure (new to gas) as to how to wire in the kill switch. There's not a tab per-se that you would slide a female flat connector on like others I've seen. There is a very short (3/4" maybe) wire coming out of the coil and it is soldered to tab just behind it on the coil. (see pic below).

What I've been told to do is "The wire needs to be cut and a switch put in. Do not ground anything, just put a switch in the circuit What you are doing is interrupting the impulse, not grounding it." I'm assuming then I should just desolder that connection, and put the switch there. (in a manner of speaking).

The instructions (which are a bit unclear) indicate putting in a switch and grounding it to the engine to kill it.

Not sure which way to go. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83726.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	325160  
Old 09-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: G38 Kill Switch Help

You have been told wrong...To kill the G38 you GROUND the wire coming out of the coil..
Solder a wire to the connection..Connect one end of a switch to the wire...Ground the other end of the switch..Closing the switch will ground the engine, killing it...Don't use too much heat on the connection..[8D]
Old 09-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: G38 Kill Switch Help

Thanks RCIGN1,
I should've called the expert first. Just got a hold of Dick Bennet of B&B (before I saw your reply). You are correct. Put the switch between the solder point on the coil and ground. Just like the instuctions say. And he took the call at an airshow. How's that for customer service!