Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Factory Needle Settings for MVVS 2.12 (35cc)

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Factory Needle Settings for MVVS 2.12 (35cc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Futurase
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Needle Settings for MVVS 2.12 (35cc)

I bought a used MVVS 2.15 Gas and wanted to know what are the factory settings for the engine as a starting place as I took the entire engine apart and cleaned it throughly and put it all back together. I have ran it and it is super rich. I was just wanting to know where to start as to save some time.

I can not find any documentaion on the engine at all and none was provided. I have zilch to go on. Prop sizes nothing. I have a Pro Zinger 18x8 on it right now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Factory Needle Settings for MVVS 2.12 (35cc)

Factory needle settings are just an educated guess on their part...
If you start at 2 tuns out on both and set the high for max rpm, then lean out the low for good transition, it will be as close or closer than whatever they set it at..Be sure to re check the high before you fly....
Works for ANY and all gassers...
Old 09-18-2005, 01:20 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can download the manual from [link=http://www.mvvs.nl]my website[/link]. Choos chapter <petrol>
Old 09-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Futurase

Thanks guys. Ralph I never considered setting the needles to just two turns out and starting from there. I never thought there would be enough similarity between engines for that to work.

I know you can get a glow motor so righ it won't run, I guess 2 turns out is never too rich for a gas engine not to run.

Thanks,

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Antique

Chain saw manufacturers have Walbro calibrate the carbs for about 1 1/2 turns, so 2 is rich enough to run, too rich to fly...By the time you get yoo much past that the needle is no longer in the little hole it controls....Won't get any richer if you open it up 5 turns...[8D]
Old 09-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Futurase

Thanks Ralph. Makes sense. This is getting off topic, but the solution to that topic has been found so here goes. I could start a new thread, but...

I have a DA 50 and a local flyer has a DA 50 and mine is one year older. His is brand new (less than 1 gallon) and on the same planes and all. DA flipped the carb 180 degrees and moved the pressure port from my design. My needles are very sensitive. You adjust it a 1/16 at a time. Runs like a swiss watch. His was SO rich from DA it was un real. Both needles were at least 1 to 1.5 turns too rich. Mine was spot on almost. Mine was about 1/16 too rich top and bottom. My question is my needles are super sensitive as are all my gassers. His are super numb like a glow engine. What is causing this? You tune his needles like a 1/8 of a turn or more at least to see any response. Why??? It runs flawless too.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Antique

Like we've been saying on here for years, "factory" settings are just a guess..
The thread pitch on the needle and the shape of the tip dictate how sensitive the needle will be..Ever look at the needle on a Supertigre? Looong...The ST carbs are not sensitive at all to needle adjustments...The new environmentally friendly carbs have very fine threads and take way more turns open compared to the old ones...The carb on a Poulan 46 has to be open around 4 turns to be correct....Harder for us uneducated consumers to screw up the mixture....
Yours and your friends carbs might not be the same number or have different thread pitches on the needles, or a different length taper[8D]...
Old 09-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Futurase

Thanks Ralph. I am very familiar with a SuperTiger. I have messed with a many. They have the coarse pitch trheads of any glow engine I have ever seen and a OS has very fine pitch threads. Both his carb and mire are the same number and identical. I have no idea about the pitch of threads on the needles. I'd have to pull them to do that and of coarse I'm not going to do that.

Norman Ross Jr.