Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Will Brison survive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 11:27 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Will Brison survive?

Brison is like any other company, some people have had good luck with them and others have not !!

after all most 4 months of waiting for my 2.4 and getting the OL story "your motor will be sent out on Friday" I Emaild them and told them I had missed 3 months of flying so I needed to know when I was going to get my motor, Brison then Emaild me back and told me to consider my order canceled,,,

so I ordered a MVVS 35, I got it in 5 working days, but as others I too have problems starting mine,,, go figure...

Jim
Old 09-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First I'd like to say that my Brison engines are the best engines I have EVER owned. That goes back to about 1975, covering both glow and gas engines. I would not willingly begin looking anywhere else for another engine as long as Gary Allison is making engines. Period.

Fact is, Kangke bought controlling interest of Brison R/C Engines close to a year ago now, helping to stabilize the parts inventory situation. At one time, Kangke also tried to take over Taurus engines, but that didn't happen for reasons of lower production levels. At least that was what I was informed by people involved in the issues.

Fact is, Kangke has wanted to lower the production costs and increase the current production levels of Brison engines from the beginning of the take over. The plan to make the castings in China and finalize the assembly in Canada has been in place for a long time. The assembly location will, like as not, be the same as the location of the Revolution assembly line. Will the above lower the quality? Hard to tell, but for certain it will not be to the same high standards held by Gary and his father since they bought out A&M engines and seriously improved the design.

In the meantime, I will continue to purchase Brison Engines and look forward to the high quality that has always been there. Once again, as long as the Allison's are making engines, I'll be purchasing them.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 AM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said it better than I did. I couldn't agree more!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:46 AM
kolarshooter

ORIGINAL: the Wasp

after all most 4 months of waiting for my 2.4 and getting the OL story ...Brison then Emaild me back and told me to consider my order canceled...

so I ordered a MVVS 35, I got it in 5 working days, but as others I too have problems starting mine,,, go figure...
I ordered my Brison 2.4 about 2 weeks ago, received it a week later, received excellent help from Gary Allison both via e-mail and telephone (before and after the purchase,) and flew my 27% Extra 260 with it yesterday for the first time. Flawless.

For you to have received the treatment you got must have been the result of either some misunderstanding, or ???

In my business (which involves dealing with the public) my policy is that if a customer is maliciously rude, we give the benefit of the doubt ONE TIME. If the customer continues to be disruptive, we ask that person to leave (cancelling their order)...especially when there are other customers here. It RARELY happens but when it does.......that's how we deal with things.

I'm not saying that you were an *****, I'm saying that perhaps there was some misunderstanding or other issue. I just don't hear any bad comments about Gary and the Brison folks. My personal experiences so far are completely the opposite of yours. Are you sure there isn't something more? Why would ANY business...from Wal-Mart to McDonalds treat anyone that way without some provocation? Just doesn't make sense. Sorry to hear about your experience with them...you missed-out on a fine engine.

I hope Brison stays on their feet through this whole Kangke/Canada episode.

Best to all...
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
allr
My Feedback: (49)

I talked with Gary this past Tuesday. As of this point he has split with the guys from New York. He has taken the phones lines back over. The New York guys are moving back to Canada along with remaining stock. It is not clear as to whether they will continue to market an engine or use the name of Brison. Gary advised that he still ownes the name.

He is talking with some other investors but things do not look promising. The Dallas shop will remain open as a repair shop for Brison and other engines. He engines and service has always been top notch. I believe he will try and bring Brison back but only time will tell.

For the quality and high level of service there is not really any thing out there to compare. At this point all we can do is wish him the best of luck and hope that he and the engines will be back. RC engines is a tuff market.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I could easily imagine seeing something like~ Allison 2.4 or Allison 3.2 etc. Kind of has a nice ring to it!
Old 09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Hi Bass,
How about an Allison V-12? OH, I think that has been done.

Dave
Old 09-22-2005, 07:34 PM
tkg

Looks like they will have Cimmaster igntions too.[&o]
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Maybe they'll pull an A&M and copy yours.. They could do worse....
Or buy one of the $80 ignitions we read about here somewhere
Old 09-23-2005, 02:49 PM
the Wasp

kolarshooter

I ordered my motor through a highend hobby shop, and after waiting over 2 months I called Brison, I was told~ that Brison just received the 2.4 cylinders that very day and my motor would be sent out "that Friday",,,

after 2&1/2 weeks still no motor so I called Brison back (the same older man answered !!), and I was told again "the same thing"~ that Brison just received the 2.4 cylinders that very day and my motor would be sent out "that Friday",,,

so I said to the guy "that is the same thing you told me 2 weeks ago", he stumbled his words because he knew I had caught him in a lie, he then told me he was not the person that worked in the shipping Dp,,, a week later I called and I was told it was a money thing,,,

a few weeks later is when I Emaild Brison...

after 4 months your damned right I had a bad attitude,,, it's funny~ how in 4 months I can't get a motor that is built here in the US, but I can get a motor that was built in CheckRepublic in 5 days...

anytime a company sells out, that should tell you that they are having some-sort of problems..
Jim
Old 09-23-2005, 05:28 PM
kolarshooter

Point well taken.

Best regards.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:25 PM
RysiuM

ORIGINAL: kolarshooter
I ordered my Brison 2.4 about 2 weeks ago, received it a week later, received excellent help from Gary Allison both via e-mail and telephone (before and after the purchase,) and flew my 27% Extra 260 with it yesterday for the first time. Flawless.
You are lucky, or what? Two years ago I have waited 3 month for my 2.4 - it was worth waithing tho. Flawless engine - one of my favorite. That time I was shopping around for 40 size engines and thank's God I have chosen Brison. I'd rather wait 3 monts for the engine that I can fly any time, then getting an engine in 5 days, that I can't fly for next years to come. There is nothing worse, than unreliable engine in thousands dollars plane.

RysiuM
Old 09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Flip and Fly

When I ordered my 2.4 it was shipped the same day and made it to me here in Canada in 2 weeks. This has been the most user friendly motor I have ever had. Getting stronger all the time and it will really hurt to see such a reliable, well priced motor fall by the wayside. []
Old 09-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Earlier this year Brison was backed up waiting for 3.2 parts. The orders kept coming in and eventually exceeded the supply of the parts count. Shortly after, Brison was busy making a large number of 2.4 engines. They made a very large number of these engines and filled every order they could, pretty much in the order they were placed. Then there was another large demand for 3.2 engines, with an occasional order for a 4.2. There were numerous orders for 6.4 twins.

It takes time for parts to be manufactured and fitted. Orders are usually filled in the order they were placed, and often more orders are placed that can be filled. This happens with all the manufacturers and extended delays happen all the time. I'm not stating that it is right, but it happens.

Anyone who has been in this hobby for any length of time knows that in the spring and summer months, the shelves at the hobby shops have fewer parts on them than in the winter. Those same people came to recognize that a little planning let them order parts in the winter for projects they might do over the summer and fall. That let them gather their needed inventory during the months of maximum supply and availability, not when manufacturers were trying to play catch up with depleted inventories.

Think ahead.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:05 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I hope the best for Brison , I have two 6.4 twins and now two 3.2 . The latest 3.2 arrived today by Fedex .It was ordered on Thursday .
That is fast service ...
I 've only had great service by Gary and his people and their engines speak for themselves .
I will continue to support Brison and/or the Allisons with my buisness in whatever the future holds for them .
Keep up the great work !!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:37 PM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

I ordered a 5.8 on Monday and received it today. This is my second 5.8, looks just as good as the first. Not bad for a company that this thread has half buried.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
kolarshooter

Flew mine again today. Nice mill. I'm confident that they will continue as they were one way or another.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 AM
the Wasp

LOL,,, like I said~ Brison is like any other company, some people have had good luck with them and others have not !!

Jim
Old 09-25-2005, 03:40 PM
buchtes
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

First I'd like to say that my Brison engines are the best engines I have EVER owned. That goes back to about 1975, vcovering both glow and gas engines.
I would not willingly begin looking anywhere else for another engine as lon as Gary Allison is making engines. Period.

Fact is that Kangke bought controlling interest of Brison R/C Engines close to a year ago now, helping to stabilize the parts inventory situation. At one time, Kangke also tried to take over Taurus engines, but that didn't happen for reasons of lower production levels. At least that was what I was informed by people involved in the issues.

Fact is that Kangke has wanted to lower the production costs and increase the current production levels of Brison engines from the beginning of the take over. The plan to make the castings in China and finalize the assembly in Canada has been in place for a long time. The assembly location will, like as not, be the same as the location of the Revolution assembly line. Will the above lower the quality? Hard to tell, but for certain it will not be to the same high standards held by Gary and his father since they bought out A&M engines and seriously improved the design.

In the meantime, I will continue to purchase Brison Engines and look forward to the high quality that has always been there. Once again, as long as the Allison's are making engines, I'll be purchasing them.
Ditto, but once parts are made in China, count me out of another purchase.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is always "TAURUS" engines. They are made in the USA, well the jugs aren't, but everything else is. And........they are simply the most reliable, dependable engine in there class. Someone ask "who would take Brison's" place, Well here's your answer. However, let's not quibble about where it's made are who will be in (or out) of business. Just like the "Field of dreams movie, if you build it they will buy it and fly it.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
OVER WORKED

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer
Fact is that Kangke bought controlling interest of Brison R/C Engines close to a year ago now, helping to stabilize the parts inventory situation. At one time, Kangke also tried to take over Taurus engines, but that didn't happen for reasons of lower production levels. At least that was what I was informed by people involved in the issues.
Fact is that Kangke has wanted to lower the production costs and increase the current production levels of Brison engines from the beginning of the take over. The plan to make the castings in China and finalize the assembly in Canada has been in place for a long time. The assembly location will, like as not, be the same as the location of the Revolution assembly line. Will the above lower the quality? Hard to tell, but for certain it will not be to the same high standards held by Gary and his father since they bought out A&M engines and seriously improved the design.
I don't know where you got your "FACTS", but they're wrong.
We never wanted any part of Taurus engines.
We never had a "plan" to make any parts in China, the idea was discussed and dismissed at the same meeting.
Assembly is not done in Canada the machine work is, Gary does the assembly in Texas.
The "Revolution" line is built in the same locations.
Kangke is going through a complete restructure. Until our personal are all up to speed, there will be some glitches.
I'm sure Brison and Gary will be around for a long time.
The biggest problem is that we can sell far more engines than we can produce, and we will not step up production if it effects quality.
Gary has always had the final word on quality, and that "FACT" will not change.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:17 PM
RTK

OVER WORKED---What is your relation in this? It sounds like you will have a hand in the business. I am just asking because I do not know, nothing more or nothing less.

By the way I like your title, I can relate to that one.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
flyingohio
My Feedback: (2)

Well I think his sig line answers your question.

I ordered a Brison 2.4 in... June I think, from Kangke. I got it in about 3 days, it started on the 3rd flip and has run flawlessly ever since, about 6 gallons of fuel thru it now. There's no other 40cc that'd I'd buy, at this point. Good luck getting the "situation" sorted out, and I would advise patience as best you can if you are having troubles procuring one. It is a little jewel of an engine.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:33 PM
RTK

Oops, did not see that. Disregard question please.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Over Worked,
It seems from your post you have some control of the situation. You said Gary will be around for a long time. Does this mean his loyal customers will continue to get his loyal service and high quality engines from him and Brison for a long time? This is what a majority of the Brison owners want. It seems to be in the best interest for the company and clients to keep the reason of success involved in the main production of the engines. His attention to detail, and looks of the engine are important to us.
Thank you, Marzo91

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.