Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

G26 still not just right,, need suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G26 still not just right,, need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 still not just right,, need suggestions

My engine starts fine but when I try to transition to full, it wants to die. I play with the thottle and eventually it will transition and run fine. It will usually run each time I start it after that but then again, it will give me the same problem. I noticed the last time I flew, it would act like it was going to die after an "attempted" knife edge or inverted manuever. Then,, again it will run without incident. Oil mix is per instructions. I have a new Great Planes tank installed. I'm using a dubro refueler and wonder if that could be causing the problem. I also notice some oil on the bottom of the fuse, ala two stroke. Where could that be coming from? The carb? It's not black, it's unburnt oil!. Thanks, Suit.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Default RE: G26 still not just right,, need suggestions

When my G26 wanted to die on transition from lo-to-hi speed I backed the low speed needle out 1/8 turn. Fixed that. Brian
Old 09-21-2005, 06:25 PM
suitcase

Will try it, thanks
Old 09-22-2005, 05:33 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Sounds like the low end is rich. Try leaning out the low end needle, turn it in 1/8 of a turn until you get a smooth transition from idle to W.O.T. Then adjust the high end needle, this may take some time as the low end effects the high end. Once you get the smooth transition from idle to W.O.T, and W.O.T. set right, turn the high end needle out 1/8 leaner, this will help keep it running during inverted and knife edge .
The residue on the plane is an indication of running rich. Once you get it adjusted this will improve, It will never go completely away, (it's a 2 stroke),but there will be less oil on the plane once it is tuned right.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
suitcase

Should the engine idle with the throttle completely closed? Or does it have to be slightly open to idle? Should the rpm at idle be set with trim or the screw?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:37 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should the rpm at idle be set with trim or the screw?
I think the screw is more reliable but I also shut the engine down with a magneto kill switch connected to a servo.

Bill
Old 09-24-2005, 08:20 AM
suitcase

Yeah I think AMA requires one, and I used them on all my US 120s but I didn't put one on my BB. There's not alot of room for another servo. I have a switch on the fuse. What I was getting at was the carb has a hole on the inside of the butterfly when it's closed. That's why the G26 will run even if the throttle linkage is setup wrong. However, it won't transition and will die eventually. I have removed the screw used to set idle because it was in the way of my throttle setup.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Wildmann
My Feedback: (3)

What Prop Are you using???????
Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: suitcase

Should the engine idle with the throttle completely closed? Or does it have to be slightly open to idle? Should the rpm at idle be set with trim or the screw?
It has to be slightly open to idle, but can be shut completely down if the stop screw bracket is cut off. Yes, I do use a kill switch, but with the stop screw gone, the throttle plate will completely close, and the engine will stop using your servo.

And yes, you do need to be 1/8 to 1/4 turn richer, and get into the habit of advancing gasser throttles slowly.

> Jim