Default RE: [b]"TAURUS OWNERS ONLY"[/b]

Whatever
Old 03-20-2006, 01:12 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: camss69
Ralph, you lost me as a customer (not that i was ever in the market for your product) because of your conduct on here, if x is better than Y great, use it on your engine, and use it as a selling point as to why your product is better, but in your own thread somewhere else. (hey maybe that's something to put on your web page!) I read the taurus threads because I'm interested in taurus, not to hear some other guy pipe up and say "hey look at me, mine's better, over here!!! look look, his is junk, look over here!!!!!" I'm wondering if there are others that have noticed you, and did the same as I did, wondered what's with RCIGN1 ...then check out his site for his "chainsaw engine" only to find.... errr... nothing.

I may have a short bolt, that's prolly the one that's loose....
Where did that come from camss69?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:26 AM
flyingohio
My Feedback: (2)

Bill-

A couple suggestions:

1) Why not supply the engine with a stud in the prop hub instead of using a bolt? Then the gorilla-arm types will be able to see how much thread they have available when they put the nut on to tighten the prop. A pre-emptive helicoiling of the hub might be worth looking into as well.

2 & 3) Edited, because they made me look like a bigger knucklehead than I already am.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks, I'll make those my new signature line
A suggestion for you...Read back through the posts and see where Bill asked for a competitive engine...And my reply...If that's meddling, yes, guilty as charged....
Don't ask if you don't want an answer....
Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 AM
flyingohio
My Feedback: (2)

[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 03-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Antique

He asked, I replied...
Sounds good to me..
Old 03-20-2006, 05:58 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

This thread when it was started was one of the reasons I bought a new TS52. If I was researching now I would have doubts. Not because the Taurus is not a good engine - because I think it is - it's just all this BS, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

If I was Bill I would hope this thread goes away, I think it has gone off the track of it's original intention and is doing no one any good. []
Old 03-20-2006, 11:06 AM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

O.K. I'm not a Taurus owner yet but, I've researched all the threads too. Still, I can't wait to get my first Taurus 3.2. As far as th B.S., you're right; it helps if you can recognize the B.S., so you step around it, not into it.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
excaliber

Topgun130643 and RCIGN.
Just what part of the thread title don't you understand "Taurus Owners Only"
Topgun(you wish) Not getting a Taurus is your loss. you're another one that has no clue of what you are talking about.
RCIGN, you remind me of my neighbors dog, YAPS all day and is a nusance and contributes nothing but piles of stinking crap.
Mr Bob Laine, You intentions are admirable, but I think the time has come to shut this forum down.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Antique

Hey genius, if you can READ, look at post #219, last line...
Then Try READING post #220 and #222...
All you guys that don't like what I posted need to learn that comparisons are not the same as rejections.....Looks like the last line of #219 is a question, #220 and 222 are answers...VALID answers, not bashing Taurus or Bill, like he did to me earlier...
I told Camss69 last night to quote something from me that's out of line ...He couldn't, can you ? Post numbers or quotes, how about it ??? Or maybe you just enjoy jumping on a bandwagon without thinking for yourself
Old 03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excaliber:I totally agree with you excaliber and I'm requesting that the "moderator," delete any post that are not constructive to this thread.
My intentions were never to cause this controversy, over such a trite and insignificant issue, as the bolt problem with the Taurus 3.2 engine. My only reason in mentioning the issue in the first place was only to bring attention, and give a heads up to the potential buyers of the engine, to the possibility of bolt problem. Let me make this VERY CLEAR to anyone, whom might assume that I no longer believe in Taurus engines, or that they are not the best 50cc engine available today. Because I absolutely beleive the Taurus 3.2, is the best 50cc class engine, on the market today..... regardless of cost. The modest increase that Taurus Engines, had to make recently, is completely fair. And even if it (Taurus) sold for more dollars than all other engines on the market today, (in it's class) It would still be the best engine available, if when you take into consideration of the total picture of what you're getting when you buy the engine. A very beautiful custom machined crank case, light weight, three bearing crankshaft, custom machined engine mount, and a wraparound Pitts style muffler. When you combine all that with the smoothest running 3.2 (52cc) engine on the market today, in my opinion you just can't put a price on quality. Quite simply......If you want the best 50cc class engine available today, It has to be TAURUS. Is it perfect? NO!! Is any engine perfect? No!! But the "Bolt" problem has been solved, and any other improvement that anyone can suggest, I know that Bill O. (T-1) will give the proper consideration to it. Yes Ralph, I'll bet he's even looking a the difference between the different metals. Remember, "It's What's Up Front That Counts" Taurus all the way.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Bob Laine

RCIGN: I for one have never saw or read a post of yours that has no validity. As I've said before in my other post, You and Bill are two of my "favorite" people, on RCUniverse. You have both given so much to this hobby, and it truly grieves me to see you quarrel with each other, and it's beneath both of you.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Antique

Thank you....
It was not my intention to bash Taurus..A little jab here and there hurts no one, but Bill took it wrong and started bashing....Then the rest jumped on the bandwagon..
The misinformed people here that can't READ what's written don't bother me at all..
Since this is a public forum I have two suggestions.
Let the moderators decide if any forum posting rules have been broken..If so, ban me from the forum, I'll go lurk on my own website
Or all you Taurus lovers get a secret password and keep me away...
I will continue posting whenever and wherever I choose to do so...
Anyone doesn't like it, don't read it...
If you have criticisms, back them up with FACTS, not opinions...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Ralph and you keep dragging it on and on, a couple jabs here and there fine, but to keep it going as you have is not fine... it's not that I couldn't point out your comments it's that I'm not going to waste my time searching for your comments. How many times have you posted in the taurus threads, and for what? It looks like others have the same opinion of you as I do. Interesting don't you think? We can read just fine, it's you that doesn't understand your comments are not appreciated or welcomed. Go start your own thread. If you weren't a direct competitior I wouldn't care what you said but being as you sell engines also that's where the problem comes in.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Bob Laine

I must interject this at this time. RC!GN!'s comment are entirely welcomed on this site, or any other site. They are both grown men and I'm sure they need no help from you or I. When one needs knowledge he can go to either of these two gentelman and get a straight answer. Everyone gets offended sooner or later. It's how one copes with adversity, that determines ones charector. Both of these engines, The Zenoah, G62, the and the Taurus 3.2, are capable of powering most aircraft up to about 26lbs, With the edge going to th Zenoah for the heavier planes. There is no manufactur that can tell you half of What raulph Cunningham knows. He has his own thread as long as I have my thread, (this thread) and it survives.

OK Ralph.........I want a G62 with killer ignition, wrap around muffler. And I want it to be the lightest g62 you've built yet. I have 87" YAK 54, at 14.5 lbs for it. let me know when it's ready to ship.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I've been reading this thread, quietly, since it started. The shots that get taken don't need to happen. We're supposed to be grown ups here, and respected "manufacturers", "builders", "assemblers" (pick your most appropriate label) DO NOT NEED TO BE TRASHING EACH OTHER!!!!

I'm a Taurus owner, several times over. I like them. Good motors.
I own other motors, they are good, also.
Some I do NOT own have proven themselves to be "not very good", so I didn't keep them.

Bob Laine - I don't know you from Adam, but I gotta tell ya - you're picking at nits about the Taurus, and it sure makes someone doubt why you started a thread "for Taurus Owners". If you aren't happy with the thing, take it offline, and keep your drivel where others don't have to try to wade through it.

GUYS - if you OWN a Taurus, and have constructive improvement feedback, just drop Bill a line. Better yet, CALL HIM.

rcign1 - your shots here have absolutely convinced me that I would not consider your conversions for purchase. I know you don't care, but I think I ought to say it. I've seen you slamming T-One wherever you find him, on any thread, for any purpose. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is your business. But how you communicate helps me decide MY business.

I really wish the moderators would just lock this thing up. It is going NOWHERE.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Antique

Old 03-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Antique

Like I told the others, show me a quote that's a slam..
I have yet to see one...
Put up or shut up..
There are 4018 posts under this name and at least 1000 under rcign, must be one somewhere..
Old 03-21-2006, 12:32 AM
T-one

Ralph, Paranoid, I doubt it. And I think I can take a joke as well as anyone. But when you put so much of yourself into a project that it becomes a passion, maybe even an obsession.
Sometimes the jokes aren't funny anymore.
To that end I'll say again.
If anyone has a concern, compliment, complaint or whatever about a Taurus engine. Please do not hesitate to call or write. We are here to help the hobby/sport regardless of whether its about a Taurus or any other gas 2 stroke engine I may be familiar with.
The bottom line is to be informative, helpful and to enjoy the hobby.
Enjoy whatever engine you may have and fly safely.
SAFETY IS NO ACCIDENT
With that, NUFF SAID
Old 03-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Bass1

What a shame![]
Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 AM
TOPGUN130643
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: excaliber

Topgun130643 and RCIGN.
Just what part of the thread title don't you understand "Taurus Owners Only"
Topgun(you wish) Not getting a Taurus is your loss. you're another one that has no clue of what you are talking about.
RCIGN, you remind me of my neighbors dog, YAPS all day and is a nusance and contributes nothing but piles of stinking crap.
Mr Bob Laine, You intentions are admirable, but I think the time has come to shut this forum down.
I will try to answer your questions. But first I would like to say as I have said before in a previous thread, that I had limited experience with the Taurus engines and was very impressed with it as I stated before. Now, what part of the title Taurus Engines only don't I understand? I don't understand the part where a Taurus owner can't state a problem he had encountered with the engine. It is not Topgun, It's Topgun130643. Now that could mean that there is one hundred and thirty thousand six hundred and fourty three R/C pilots that can fly better than me. As to the part that I don't know what I am talking about, I stated after reading a post, that there was a problem with the bolts being too short and stripping out the prop hub and Bill was contacted and told the customer that he knew of the problem and when the bolts were used up that he had on hand, he would replace them. Bill didn't say the customer was lying about it. If Bill tells me the customer was lying I will apologize. I still stand by what I said. As to my loss, I feel no loss because I am perfectly happy with what I own and I was able to keep my nose clean.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:00 AM
T-one

TOPGUN130643.
I'll reply to the last part of your post to Excaliber regarding the bolts.There is some confusion involved.
There is something taken out of context here, actually 2 issues.
1) When we where notified about the original short bolts, we immediatly stop using them and went to the longer bolts. period, NOT waiting till we ran out of the short ones.
2) the second issue was about possibly changing the prop hub design suggested by Bob Laine at which time I told him that we would look at it. And that we would use the current design until we ran out that stock before changing any design.
I'm sure Bob remembers the 10mm issue which we are addressing at this time.
One more item, I don't see anything in any of the posts I've read where anyone suggested that a owner could not state a problem experienced. Personally I would hope that if there are problems with ANY product, I think it only common courtesy to contact the manufacture first. But thats only my opinion.
I hope this claifies the bolt issue and can finally put it to rest.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 AM
T-one

Old 03-22-2006, 07:32 AM
TOPGUN130643
My Feedback: (38)

Bill, I apologize about the statement I made about the bolts. That was my only concern. I am glad to know that Taurus corrected the problem immediately. I have been following this post since it started because of an interest in the Taurus engines. I am sorry that I misread or misunderstood the post. It could be either with me. The reason that I stated the comment about a Taurus owner not being able to state a problem that they encountered was not directed toward you because you have answered every question that they pose to you. It was more directed to people who would like to shut down the thread or belittle the person who made the post. I think it is just as important to discuss a problem you encounter here as it is to state what ever compliments you have. That way you get a chance to do as you have and answer those concerns. At the flying field you do not. Once again please accept my apology. I hope continued success for Taurus engines. Looking forward to owning one one day.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:32 AM
T-one

John, thank you, we will look forward to working with you when you decide to get a Taurus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.