Prop and rpm ?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:52 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [b]"TAURUS OWNERS ONLY"[/b]

ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

Prop and rpm ?
Coming soon to this location Ya know, the Hurricane ain't posed on white sandy beaches
Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
T-one

Chuck and Brian, Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated. We will take your suggestions into consideration. When Taurus came to being 10 years ago it was as a custom engine builder. A customer told us what he wanted and we would make it. Then it was decided to standardize and make certain cc sizes that were popular at the time, hence the 42,52,62.69,72, a 94,95,and 120, all singles. Because of the way they were made at the time, all hand fitted we still considered them to be somewhat custom. Our pricing reflected it then and still does. We are not in a price competition. What we offer in quality and performance can not be compared to others in price. No more than a Farrari to a Volkswagon.
"the strongest advertising is customer satisfaction"
Thanks again.
FYI there will be a pricing structure change in the VERY near future.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 AM
T-one

Terry, Nice looking Hurricane, do you have some numbers yet??
Don't forget to send the info to our website www.taurus-engines.com for posting.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry, I almost bought one of the Hurricane's, but chose the Laser 2000 instead. (larger wing) Seeing yours, makes me wish I had went ahead and bought it. It looks like it should really be a good 50cc size plane.
I just finished putting together my "Kangke" Laser 2000. I was really impressed with the quality of the kit. No one can say their wasn't enough glue in this kit. The covering was excellent and needed very little shrinking. As an added touch, they even put glass cloth over the landing gear plate, and firewall. Now if the weather will cooporate, I'll be able to fly it.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
tkg

Riverton is over 5,000 ft asl and gets altitude density readings of over 11,000 ft in the summer. So I had to go with the small plane-big engine program. I looked at the Laser a long time but here figured it would need 4cid+ here.
Kankge kits are first class, mine had two sets of hardware, one was the universal ARF stuff (junk) and the second had metal horns, threaded aluminum pushrods and precut steel tail braces. Sorta look like the mfg puts in their stuff and Kangke USA puts in the good stuff.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 PM
cappy1

Terry, whats that white stuff on the ground.? white sand?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:16 PM
tkg

Sugar Frosting for donuts.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 PM
G McIntosh
My Feedback: (9)

Hello again Bill,Bob & everyone else.. Been hard at it in the work shop for the last few weeks.. Should have the next Taurus project finished soon.. Have another home for a new 4.2 Taurus, I just got from Bill shortly ago.. (hello Bill).. Been detailing out a cockpit and small parts for a Ziroli Stuka.. Not making it super detailed..but just so she looks good'.. Here's a few pictures. Don't have the pilot/gunner figures I want to use yet, there on their way.. But again two Americans in a German Stuka'.. sure'.. they stole it evading . Later all' .. Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24069.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	372391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86239.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	372392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42550.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	372393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84820.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	372394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41674.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	372395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71247.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	372396  
Old 12-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Bob Laine

Hi G Mcintosh, What a pure pleasure it is to see the work of someone that's really a true builder, and not just someone that assembles an allready built airplane. (like myself) From what I see from where I'm sitting, I think your cockpit has the most detail and realism of any I have ever seen. It's very obvious you are truly gifted, and your attention to detail is peerless. I hope I get to see your "Zeroli Stuka," sometime up close and personal. Maybe on the table at Toledo this year, if you get it completed in time. Planes like this should be enjoyed by everyone. That gunner in the cockpit, has a very serious look on his face, and the realism is un-canny. Thanks's for posting the pictures on this site, Bill O, told me that you had stopped by, and brought the plane when you came to pick up your engine. I really hope you'll keep us updated with new post and pictures as your construction progreses. Merry Xmas to you, and everyone else on the thread.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 AM
T-one

I second what Bob said, and to all a Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2005, 11:40 AM
G McIntosh

Thx's for the kind words Bob, I do like to build, but Toledo.. Na', Wouldn't even come close to the builders there.. Nice thought though'.. After two trys.. finaily got the Roll cage and amoured pilot wall built.. Just waiting for the German pilot/gunner to arrive .. Merry Christmas All .. Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82181.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	373658  
Old 12-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Bob Laine

Gene, Have you ever been to Toledo?. I have, many times. Some of the junk I've seen sitting on the tables at "Toledo," has really supprised me. I've seen planes, (33% Cub) where the wings, were half mocoated, and half fabric. And on top of that........ they were partly painted, with hardly any sanding before the paint was applied. I'll admit, there are some of the most beautiful aircraft you'll ever see on display at Toledo. But, on the other hand, there are many on display that most ARF'S being sold today, are far more beautiful. Don't judge your work yourself Glen, because you can't be subjective enough with your own work to give it a proper appraisal. Let others that have eeither built, or tried to build the same aircraft do the judging. You'll probably find out you're much better than you realize. Remember...... beauty is in the eye of the be-holder, And from what I see through my eyes, Your ZEROLI STUKA, is going to be a very beautiful plane.
Post your pictures on this thread, and let the readers tell you what they think. Bob.......
Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 PM
T-one

Glenn, here is an open invitation..
If the Stuka is finished hang it above our booth.
Or if you'd rather, One of the P-51's.
Proving you're not going to enter either one for competition.
Just let me know well in advance.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Bob Laine

Here's a better idea........Hang the P-51 above the Taurus Booth, and display the STUKA!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:03 PM
zx32tt

I guess I'm an official Taurus owner now, since I've got a little run time on my 52 now. I maidened my KMP Yak today and the Taurus performed flawlessly. It's only got about 30 minutes run time, but its been perfect so far. I haven't touched the needles, and the transition is very good. Todays flying was cut short due to the loss of a couple of muffler bolts, but otherwise, a very good day.
Z
Old 12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Bob Laine

zx32tt, Congradulations on joining the Taurus, "Brotherhood". I have the same exact rig that you're flying. KMP YAK W/Taurus 3.2. I also had a problem with my muffler bolts comming loose several times. After trying "Locktite" Gasket shelac amoung other things, I finally found a cure for that problem. I made an aluminum plate about 2"x11/2" long, drilled the holes for the bolts that hold the muffler on. After bolting the muffler on (must use longer bolts) I then drilled and ran safty wire around the bolts. "BINGO" end of problem. We have 4 taurus engines at our field and this has cured the muffler bolt problem. Try this with yours zx32tt, I think you'll like it. "Are you listening Bill?" Boblaine
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
T-one

zx32tt, did you use the method of putting a bracket ffrom the muffler to the engine mount, there is a socket head cap screw on the left side of the can that is used just for that purpose.
In the meantime if there is a NAPA automotive store or other aotu store see if they have the following Permatex anerobic gasket sealer,
clean the muffler screws with alcohol then put the gasket sealer on them and then put the muffler back on.
keep me informed pleased.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:37 PM
T-one

Bob I'm sure that would make quite a display. Just wonder if it would be permitted. I will look into it.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Bob Laine

Don;t know why not Bill. Everyone else displays theirs. I tried the "permatex trick and it worked for a day or two, but the bolts loosened again. All three of us just made the small plate I described. Then after we had the motor bolted on we just drilled throygh the bolt heads and safty wired them. I've had more than 20 flights without the bolts comming loose again. The added weight of the plate is NADA/
Old 12-22-2005, 07:06 AM
zx32tt

Yes I used the aux. bracket on the muffler. This was the only thing holding the muffler! Otherwise, it would have totally left the plane, and destroyed the cowl in the process. All in all, I couldn't be happier with the engine. Bob L, I can see why you speak so highly of the engine, and the Yak. It is a very good combo. I'm looking forward to getting air time on this one!
Z
Old 12-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Bob Laine

zx32tt, I just finished Building/assembling a Kangke Lase2000. That particular ARF, is the best designed, constructed, and glued ARF, I have ever assembled. Can't wait to get it in the air. It is too "ARF Kit's," what The "Taurus Engine," is to other engiines. PEERLESS. Just wish I had an Taurus engine in it. The only 40cc engine I had was a Brison.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:32 AM
tms261

Hi Bob, this may be a bit off topic for this thread, but, I would like your opinion, specifically, about Taurus engines. I'm looking at the TF GS P-51 and have seen it fly with a G-62. I am used to DA-50's and had great luck with them...later engines..... I'm interested in the Taurus because I've read so many good words about them from you and others. I want to know, in your opinion, how the Taurus 52 may stack up against the DA-50 and the G-62 for warbird use, specifically the TF P-51. Also, I've heard several state that the Taurus was based on a Husky piston and cylinder, and several say it was ECHO. Do you know what is actually is?

Thanks so much for any info that may help me make up my mind that Taurus is the way to go in this P-51.

Regards,

Tim
Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Old 12-22-2005, 12:11 PM
tms261

Well, didnt mean to open up the "whose the best gas engine debate again. Read plenty of those! I'm sold on the DA-50 for what its doing for me, flying a 28% Edge. I know the G-62 is dependable and well supported, but heavy and perhaps not the most powerful cc for cc. I like the Taurus cuz it gets such good words and I like the third bearing and double crankshaft counterweights. Just not sure about fit and whether it will actually be smoother than say the DA-50. I'm not sure I would want to run the DA at full throttle all the time like I might in a P-51. Just looking for some first hand experience with the Taurus.

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.